FINALLY a draft day where we can be interested

Advertisement
Advertisement
Saw a stat on UM's social media yesterday that Miami had 30 players drafted in the first round, dating back to 2000—putting them at third, behind Alabama and LSU, I believe.

A quick study of those numbers—20 players were drafted in the first round between 2000 and 2004—with only 10 first rounders between 2005 and 2020. Incredible how the once-mighty have fallen.

Nice to see a few guys making some noise, but a juggernaut this program is not. PR isn't what's needed—it's winning with that the Canes have, in order to look like more of a competitor, keeping more talented players home (instead of running them off to Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Athens, etc. by way of sub par play.)

Getting curb stomped at home against North Carolina last year and only winning the Coastal once since joining the ACC .... those are PR hits you can't run from.
So we just give up and not cheer? Got it. Smdh

So you are saying if we are more like Miami back then, and Alabama now it would help our PR and recruiting? I think 1 or 2 people would have similar assessments.

Since like 2010 we are probably in the top 10 in total draft picks so while we aren't what we were we have showed a remarkable ability to recover from being curb stomped and not winning the ACC in both total draft picks and we have also had some pretty good recruiting classes. OP just said it was nice we could be interested in the first round with GR and JP

Everyone on here knows winning is what is needed.
Exactly

Advertisement
I dont remember the last draft we had a first round pick or possibility of multiple guys. Has to be a couple years atleast, crazy considering yearly south florida talent. Excited to see where guys go and reach a major goal of theirs. Of course in true cane fashion our only pre season 1st round guy decided to skip the season all together but that opened the door for Phillips and now he is projected to go 1st round also..

Congrats to those guys and good luck, hope both go as high as possible and we can receive some good PR because we need it

are we still on track for this or what

Our boys still gonna ball in league for a long time no matter where they go 🚫🧢💯 now with T-Rob developing this season and next we'll get our share once again and that's why I'm confident in us against BagBama lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back