Final Stat Roll -- End of Season Ranks

It seems to me that concerting third downs on offense and stopping your opponents from doing the same is the single biggest areas of concern. I thought last year was vad, but dead last us pathetic. We paid Enos $1.5 million for Enos to get us dead last. I would've done it for half and I **** sure wouldn't have been a smug ******* in the process.

In an early season crucial conference game. " THIRD and 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " Enough said. And that was the harbinger to come for Miami. Yikes.

Advertisement
Anybody that argues in favor of Enox, just show them this thread & tell them to go die in a fire.

Great work OBM.

Let's put this in perspective...

The 2018 season was arguably the worst offensive season we'd ever had in modern school history...

And ENOX MANAGED TO PRODUCE AN EVEN WORSE OFFENSE!!! How TF is that even possible?!?!? Smfh.

And why TF hasn't he been fired yet??? We're paying that stubborn prick over $1million dollars for this shít???

Smfh there's not one single excuse for that kinda outcome in today's era of college football where you can literally manufacture yards off scheme & pace of play alone.

The next mutha****a that tries to argue for the "Pro Style bro!" Offense, Ima slap you through the internet!

Can you seriously state WHY Miami's HC is waiting so long to fire his OC? When a handful of teams have already did the wise thing and what not.

You may say recruiting. Well, what HS offensive player wants to play for this lame" offensive " offense courtesy of Enos!

@Liberty City El im pretty convinced that **** was probably the only corch that Diaz could get to come and work for his sorry rookie ***. the numbers don't lie ..... the offense Miami ran this year was antique bull**** and execution was even worse.
I think Diaz hired him because Enox carved'em up at Arkansas when he was at Miss St & Diaz is the kind of coach that believes "if this guy can get the best of me he must be good."

Which is an incredibly stupid way to hire. I also think he didn't get Fedora because Fedora has a big ego & Manny strikes me as the type of coach that doesn't want a bigger personality than him usurping his power.

It's the reason why all his Defesnive coaches are literally his guys, they're all his underlings except for Stroud who's his OG & mentor.

If he doesn't pull his head out of his own *** & start firing coaches he's gonna go down as the worst Coach in Canes history. Which would be a huge embarrassment for him being that he's the former Mayor's son & he always dreamed of Coaching Miami.

Imagine being a Cuban kid growing up in Miami that dreams of coaching at The U, then your dream finally comes true & you fail miserably...

Just look at someplace like USC. Been a dumpster fire, like us, for years. In 2018, they were 78th in scoring offense, 58th in YPP, 65th in passer rating, 59th in YPA.

They bring in Graham Harrell, and in YEAR ONE, 26th in scoring offense, 15th in YPP, 13th in passer rating, 15th in YPA. Oh, and they had their 5-star QB lost for the season in Week 1, then their backup (WHO IS A THREE STAR TRUE FRESHMAN) gets hurt midseason, and they turn to their 3rd sting QB (Another 3-star), and they don't miss a beat. Three-Star true freshman throws for 515 yards against UCLA lol. But sure, Enos needs more time.

If USC decides to go in another direction regarding the HC. Then maybe Miami's HC will pursue OC Harrell. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that's some type of delusional brain fart WISHFUL thinking and what not.

I know the main point of this is how abysmal the offense was but YIKES at the 3rd and 4th down conversion rate on defense... That 4th and 17 will forever haunt me.

Advertisement
Great post, OBM. While I disagree with the prevailing premise that the defense is good enough,

I never thought the offense here could be any worse than last year. I didn’t think it was possible. I was content with the Penos hire despite all the great points made against him because I thought he’d be a significant improvement over Rickety. He could have been average and been a monumental improvement. Instead, he was the worst of all time.

And let’s not forget. We piled up these putrid numbers on both sides against a hideous schedule.

The defense is typical Manure. All flash. No substance. He piles up sacks then gives up 3rd and 4th Downs like crazy and can’t bow up in the red zone. The TFLs make dummies think it’s a good defense, but it never gets key stops and regularly gives up back breaking long 3rd and 4th down conversions.

If Lil’ Lispy is too feeble to walk into Penos’s office with his Daddy’s Little Helper ***** driver set and start removing his name plate from the door, then he’s a bigger bearded clam than I thought he was.

" THIRD and 14 yards. " Enough said and all that. That was a ominous preview for Miami football fans. OUCH.

I think Diaz hired him because Enox carved'em up at Arkansas when he was at Miss St & Diaz is the kind of coach that believes "if this guy can get the best of me he must be good."

Which is an incredibly stupid way to hire. I also think he didn't get Fedora because Fedora has a big ego & Manny strikes me as the type of coach that doesn't want a bigger personality than him usurping his power.

It's the reason why all his Defesnive coaches are literally his guys, they're all his underlings except for Stroud who's his OG & mentor.

If he doesn't pull his head out of his own *** & start firing coaches he's gonna go down as the worst Coach in Canes history. Which would be a huge embarrassment for him being that he's the former Mayor's son & he always dreamed of Coaching Miami.

Imagine being a Cuban kid growing up in Miami that dreams of coaching at The U, then your dream finally comes true & you fail miserably...
Diaz should have stayed at Temple and been their problem instead of Miami's.... Fedora .... lmao.. there was no way Fedora was going to come work for a nerd ESPN film room boy as he probably saw Diaz.

they also lost 3-4 legit NFL caliber players that were replaced with maybe 1 to 2. we lost both our ball hawking safeties one of which killed the frenchman.

granted GR15 and blades have been great. but bolden was just coming on and got hurt.

you got to remember our LBs were recruited by Al Golden. They are not what we need in this system but we made it work. If Flowe comes we will feast. D is not the issue. the two biggest stats that HAVE NEVER WAVERED are Sacks and TFLs. We are aggressive so you get burned sometimes. But we are not that bull**** bend dont break D anymore.

I have news for U and like-minded Cane fans. Flowe ISN'T coming to Miami!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody well guarantee it. And I don't give a crap if Miami's HC PROMISED him a starting position.

Advertisement
You know what I see - based upon those offensive stats? We don’t have any good players on offense. The line is god awful, the WR’s are below average and the RB’s and QB are average.

You know what I see - based upon those offensive stats? We don’t have any good players on offense. The line is god awful, the WR’s are below average and the RB’s and QB are average.

Just like Diaz! It's obvious you're putting the players " under the proverbial bus! " As for the QB's. Some variant of a spread offense would do wonders for either one. DUH!

Wow!!! Next time a mongoloid tells you coaching doesn’t matter or is overrated or hits you with Jimmys and Joes bullshyt, print this thread out grab a handful of the boogers and drool constantly flowing from said mongoloid’s nose and mouth, smear that gooey concoction on the printout and stick it to the giant warped mongoloid face.

In other words, you love the outlier example. In other words, nothing ever changes. I'd sure you'd love to return to a situation in which nobody ever laughs at your simplistic infatuation with outliers. Obviously you got away with that at Grassy year after year.

LSU gaining 2.4 yards per play from one season to the next is the ultimate outlier. Meanwhile Jim Harbaugh switched to up-tempo no-huddle this season. That was the spotlighted example throughout the offseason, far beyond LSU. There were dozens of articles and video segments touting the switch. Michigan ended up with basically the same production as last season, actually slightly worse. A quarter of a yard per play worse. Two points per game worse. They did not have a Joe Burrow, a guy who threw for 11+ YPA three times in the old 2018 system, including the bowl game victory over UCF.

No, Michigan's Jimmy was Shea Patterson, who ended up declining from 64% completions in 2018 to 57% in the spread version this year.

USC looks like a big bump upward unless you actually follow the program and realize that 2018 was the outlier. USC's yards per play have been in the 6.5 range for years, other than the decline in 2018, the season after losing Sam Darnold. This season merely restored to where it had been previously.

Likewise Clemson dropped way off to below 6 yards per play in 2017 when they had Kelly Bryant at quarterback and not DeShaun Watson...or Trevor Lawrence. You might say that Kelly Bryant was the outlier.

Funny how this Jimmys and Joes stuff works.

I'll take the personnel dominance. Michigan can't beat Ohio State regardless of scheme because they can't match the players. Speeding up the game merely adds more possessions and therefore widens the gap between have and have less.

Look, I think we should speed things up. But the aspect we are missing most is hurry up and run the ball. Pace cleanses the offensive line and running game beyond anything else. Michigan did it the wrong way. That is often the danger. They subtracted 5 rushes per game and passed 5 more times per game. The touted change actually didn't do anything to offensive snaps per game. Alabama under Tua has done the same thing, as I posted yesterday. They have sharply dropped rushes per game the past two seasons, down from 42 range to 33. I'm hardly surprised the defense suffers as a result.

IMO, Alabama would still be considerably more physical and pushing these teams around if Saban hadn't succumbed to the lazy older coach belief that he had to start airing it out. Previously Saban couldn't tolerate one touchdown against his defense. Now he accepts it as no big deal since his offense will outscore you anyway.

Advertisement
I know the main point of this is how abysmal the offense was but YIKES at the 3rd and 4th down conversion rate on defense... That 4th and 17 will forever haunt me.
I was there and SAW the 4th and 17...........The fans were so shook, that the Miami group was quiet then started booing.....I will never forget this humiliation of our U.
I could have sunk through that stadium and punched a wall...........it was pathetic.

The fact our O moved so slowly and STILL couldn't average more than 30 minutes a game.... Just wow.

I told Manny he needed a third down conversion trinket. Did he listen? Nooooo.....

You can't justify paying your OC a million for this kind of production. You just can't. He has to go.

Advertisement
You can't justify paying your OC a million for this kind of production. You just can't. He has to go.

I'm almost always of the opinion that you need to give someone more than a year to show what they can really do, but I have to agree here. This is simply inexcusable. I am FULLY aware that it's not easy to play football with true freshmen tackles who are clearly not ready to play. No doubt about it. So I'm not expecting the moon here. But no one can convince me that a truly good coordinator couldn't do better than this.

Brevin Jordan is THE BEST tight end in the country. Jeff Thomas, while very overrated on this site, has a ton of natural ability. Deejay Dallas is a VERY good college football player. KJ Osborn is an experienced, savvy, tough kid who would be in any WR rotation outside of Tuscaloosa. Pope, Mallory, Wiggins, Harley....there's talent here. So yes, I know the QB play was very erratic. I know Perry isn't very good and when Williams got hurt, it was rough going. The OL has major holes. So I'm not asking for a Top 20 offense here. I just want you to be not the LITERAL worst. Don't be in the bottom 20% in every single metric. If you can't do that playing Georgia Tech and Duke and Louisville and Central Michigan and UNC, and FSU....I'm sorry....you gotta go.

Advertisement
Back