Final Stat Roll -- End of Season Ranks

Proceed with caution if you've eaten lunch recently and want to keep it down.

Here are the final numbers as now every team has played their full regular-season schedule.

As always, only games vs FBS teams are factored in these numbers.

Offense:

Yards per play: 76th (5.57 YPP)
Points per game: 88th (24.6 PPG)
Passing yards per game: 49th (250.3 YPG)
Passing completion percentage: 80th (58.0%) (Williams - 62.5%, Perry 54.8%)
Passing yards per attempt: 58th (7.5 YPA) (Williams 8.2 YPA, Perry 6.8 YPA)
Passer rating: 57th (136.9) (Williams 150.98, Perry 127.27)
Rushing yards per game: 120th (109.45 YPG)
Rushing yards per attempt: 114th (3.52 YPA)
Sacks given up per game: 127th (4.27 per game)
3rd down conversion %: 130th (25.18%) -- A little context here: Miami's mark of 25.18% not only ranks dead last in the entire country this year, but only 1 team has been worse over the past 4 seasons. Charlotte in 2017 finished the year at 24.5%. So Miami's 25.18% was the worst in 2019, and would have been the worst in 2018 and 2016 as well. Just historically putrid. Also, the team at 129th this year (Akron, who went 0-12) finished at 26.38%. So they were 1.2% higher than Miami. If they'd play another game today, and went 0-7 on 3rd downs, they'd STILL be higher than Miami.....aka, we're worst in the country and it's literally not even close.
4th down conversion %: 68th (52.17% -- 12 for 23)
TFLs allowed per game: 121st (7.73 per game)
Red Zone TD %: 107th (50% TD rate, 23 TDs in 46 chances)
Red Zone Scoring %: 121st (33 scores in 46 chances) -- So in 11 FBS games, we got into the redzone 13 different times and scored 0 points. LOL.
Field goal %: 107th (12 out of 20) -- Camden Price went 6/7 on FGs and 18/18 on XP's. One can wonder if this season would have gone differently had he been the kicker since Week 1.
PAT %: 98th (38 out of 40)

Defense:

Yards per play allowed: 16th (4.85 YPP)
Points per game allowed: 30th (22.6 PPG)
Passing yards per game allowed: 36th (209.0 YPG)
Passing completion percentage allowed: 25th (56.1%)
Passing yards per attempt: 41st (7.0 YPA)
Passer rating allowed: 35th (124.58)
Rushing yards per game allowed: 14th (114.09 YPG)
Rushing yards per attempt allowed: 12th (3.10 YPA)
Sacks per game: 4th (3.73 sacks per game)
3rd down % allowed: 53rd (38.6% allowed)
4th down % allowed: 121st (70.59% allowed)
TFLs per game: 4th (8.64 per game)
Red Zone td % allowed: 15th (50% allowed -- 17 TDs in 34 chances)
Red Zone Scoring % allowed: 82nd (83.3% allowed -- 29 scores in 34 chances)
Punting: 31st (43.8 Yard average)

Team Stats:

Penalties: 112th (7.2 penalties per game)
Penalty yards: 101st (61.1 Yards per game)
Turnover margin: 35th (0.36 per game -- 18 takeaways, 14 giveaways)
Time of possession: 70th (29:54 per game)
Number of offensive plays: 106th

Takeaways:

Once again, Miami was failed miserably by its absolutely abysmal offense. This team has MANY issues, and the defense isn't anywhere near as good as we expect it to be with the talent on that side, the continuity with the staff, and the schedule we play. It was not a great defense. But it was absolutely FAILED by how bad this offense was, once again. It's like groundhog day around here. No matter who the kids are, no matter who the coaches are, the University of Miami is just incapable of picking up 3rd downs. Why? Dead last this year, 59th last year, 127th in 2017, 106th in 2016, 96th in 2015, 81st in 2014, 104th in 2013....what the **** is happening here? All off-season, all we said was "If we can just punt the football and play decent offense, we should walk to 10 wins". Welp...we learned how to punt. But we traded that off with the inability to make a kick if Baxa or Davidson's lives depended on it. And then about that hopefully decent offense...wow. They did literally NOTHING well. Not one single aspect of the offense was even good nationally, nevermind excellent. We can't run the ball, we can't throw the ball, we can't score points, we can't pick up 3rd downs, we can't block a god**** soul, we can't score in the redzone, we can't move the ball period, and when we get close, we can't make a kick. Jesus Christ. I can argue that this offense was WORSE than last year. I don't think anyone thought that was humanly possible in the summer. But, here we are. I'm not sure what else to say.....the only possible silver lining I can see here is that Jarren Williams looked really good at times, but not nearly good enough. And the offense is incredibly young and almost everyone is back. But this is a fireable offense for Dan Enos, period. You have to try to be this terrible with Miami level talent playing teams like Georgia Tech and FIU and Duke and UNC.

As far as the defense, I'm sure I'll get some blowback here because as I mentioned above, it was certainly far from great. But there are at least some things the defense was really good at. Top 10 nationally again in sacks, in TFLs, very good defense against the run, very good defense in the redzone (15th nationally and that includes a 6/6 game against VT)…..at least there are some things here they do/did very, very well. Unfortunately, holding late game leads is not one of them. The defense blew FAR too many leads late in games this year. But when you look at the totality of the season, it's uncanny just how similar it was to last year. Good to very good defense, horrible special teams, horrible offense. Just mind-boggling when you look at where we were at this point last year, all calling for Richt's head, saying literally anyone could do better than he did....he leaves, we get a guy for $1M a year who was set to be the OC at Alabama...……….and he's literally the exact same guy. Same problems, same ineptitude. Just baffling how literally NOTHING changed from this year from last except we traded punting woes for FG woes. Absolutely amazing.

Advertisement
It seems to me that concerting third downs on offense and stopping your opponents from doing the same is the single biggest areas of concern. I thought last year was vad, but dead last us pathetic. We paid Enos $1.5 million for Enos to get us dead last. I would've done it for half and I **** sure wouldn't have been a smug ******* in the process.

Advertisement
Only liked due to your effort OP which has been outstanding all year and much appreciated.

Those offensive (both literally and figuratively) leave no doubt what has to be done. Major changes on offense are an absolute necessity.

tenor-6.gif

Advertisement
What's even more telling is that in every single loss besides the VT game, Miami scored 28 points or less.
Taint, LSU, Bama can score 28 points in a quarter.
our cutting edge offense is broken and we don't have a mechanic on staff to fix it.

Good point. How many times did we read on this board headed out of last season, "If we can just score 30 points, we'd be really hard to beat"?

Welp….20 vs UF, 25 vs UNC, 21 vs GT, 24 vs FIU, 17 vs Duke.

There you go. Just absolutely brutal. Oh, by the way, 30 PPG would rank 50th in the country this year. So I'm not asking for a miracle here. Just literally slightly better than average. 50th in the country. We can't even sniff that.

For me, some of the defensive stats are attributable to the putrid offense. Eventually, any defense will get tired and demoralized when every time the offense gets the ball (especially after a turnover) they go 3 and out or (if in the red zone) don’t score. Can you imagine how jacked our defense would be if after most turnovers we’d get in the end zone??? Smh!!! Awful! Awful! Awful!

Nothing else to say about the offense other than it's putrid. The defense took a step back still good but not elite other than TFL and sacks. The problem with Manny's defense is it's predicated on takeaways. If we're not getting turnovers the defense is just slightly above average and its showed the last quarter of the year.

Advertisement
Here you go for the defense, turnover chain died this year but the defense was good enough to win 9-10 games. it is not up for debate.

Stat2016201720182019
Total D (Yards Allowed) 20 38 4 16
TFL 5 4 1 4
Sacks 22 1 9 4
Scoring D 12 12 18 25
Rushing D (Yards Allowed) 26 43 42 14
Passing D (Yards Allowed) 47 56 1 36
Turnovers 67 3 16 36

100000%. Been saying it all year. Defense isn't the 1985 Bears, but it was good enough to win **** near every game on this schedule. ****, it DID win the UVA and Pitt games. And I'm not saying any of this to give Manny and Baker a pass in the least bit. The defensive performance was not lights out, especially as I mentioned late in games. But if you can actually score on offense, maybe the defense doesn't have to hold on for dear life in the 4th quarter when it's only given up 17 points the whole god**** game. Plays in the 4th quarter don't count for more than they do in the 1st quarter. Every point carries the same weight no matter when it's scored. If the offense helped out just a tiny bit, I guarantee you our casual fans aren't nearly as critical of the defense. It wasn't great, but when you compare it to the offense, they were ******* godsends.

Anybody that argues in favor of Enox, just show them this thread & tell them to go die in a fire.

Great work OBM.

Let's put this in perspective...

The 2018 season was arguably the worst offensive season we'd ever had in modern school history...

And ENOX MANAGED TO PRODUCE AN EVEN WORSE OFFENSE!!! How TF is that even possible?!?!? Smfh.

And why TF hasn't he been fired yet??? We're paying that stubborn prick over $1million dollars for this shít???

Smfh there's not one single excuse for that kinda outcome in today's era of college football where you can literally manufacture yards off scheme & pace of play alone.

The next mutha****a that tries to argue for the "Pro Style bro!" Offense, Ima slap you through the internet!

100000%. Been saying it all year. Defense isn't the 1985 Bears, but it was good enough to win **** near every game on this schedule. ****, it DID win the UVA and Pitt games. And I'm not saying any of this to give Manny and Baker a pass in the least bit. The defensive performance was not lights out, especially as I mentioned late in games. But if you can actually score on offense, maybe the defense doesn't have to hold on for dear life in the 4th quarter when it's only given up 17 points the whole god**** game. Plays in the 4th quarter don't count for more than they do in the 1st quarter. Every point carries the same weight no matter when it's scored. If the offense helped out just a tiny bit, I guarantee you our casual fans aren't nearly as critical of the defense. It wasn't great, but when you compare it to the offense, they were ******* godsends.
they also lost 3-4 legit NFL caliber players that were replaced with maybe 1 to 2. we lost both our ball hawking safeties one of which killed the frenchman.

granted GR15 and blades have been great. but bolden was just coming on and got hurt.

you got to remember our LBs were recruited by Al Golden. They are not what we need in this system but we made it work. If Flowe comes we will feast. D is not the issue. the two biggest stats that HAVE NEVER WAVERED are Sacks and TFLs. We are aggressive so you get burned sometimes. But we are not that bull**** bend dont break D anymore.

Advertisement
Proceed with caution if you've eaten lunch recently and want to keep it down.

Here are the final numbers as now every team has played their full regular-season schedule.

As always, only games vs FBS teams are factored in these numbers.

Offense:

Yards per play: 76th (5.57 YPP)
Points per game: 88th (24.6 PPG)
Passing yards per game: 49th (250.3 YPG)
Passing completion percentage: 80th (58.0%) (Williams - 62.5%, Perry 54.8%)
Passing yards per attempt: 58th (7.5 YPA) (Williams 8.2 YPA, Perry 6.8 YPA)
Passer rating: 57th (136.9) (Williams 150.98, Perry 127.27)
Rushing yards per game: 120th (109.45 YPG)
Rushing yards per attempt: 114th (3.52 YPA)
Sacks given up per game: 127th (4.27 per game)
3rd down conversion %: 130th (25.18%) -- A little context here: Miami's mark of 25.18% not only ranks dead last in the entire country this year, but only 1 team has been worse over the past 4 seasons. Charlotte in 2017 finished the year at 24.5%. So Miami's 25.18% was the worst in 2019, and would have been the worst in 2018 and 2016 as well. Just historically putrid. Also, the team at 129th this year (Akron, who went 0-12) finished at 26.38%. So they were 1.2% higher than Miami. If they'd play another game today, and went 0-7 on 3rd downs, they'd STILL be higher than Miami.....aka, we're worst in the country and it's literally not even close.
4th down conversion %: 68th (52.17% -- 12 for 23)
TFLs allowed per game: 121st (7.73 per game)
Red Zone TD %: 107th (50% TD rate, 23 TDs in 46 chances)
Red Zone Scoring %: 121st (33 scores in 46 chances) -- So in 11 FBS games, we got into the redzone 13 different times and scored 0 points. LOL.
Field goal %: 107th (12 out of 20) -- Camden Price went 6/7 on FGs and 18/18 on XP's. One can wonder if this season would have gone differently had he been the kicker since Week 1.
PAT %: 98th (38 out of 40)

Defense:

Yards per play allowed: 16th (4.85 YPP)
Points per game allowed: 30th (22.6 PPG)
Passing yards per game allowed: 36th (209.0 YPG)
Passing completion percentage allowed: 25th (56.1%)
Passing yards per attempt: 41st (7.0 YPA)
Passer rating allowed: 35th (124.58)
Rushing yards per game allowed: 14th (114.09 YPG)
Rushing yards per attempt allowed: 12th (3.10 YPA)
Sacks per game: 4th (3.73 sacks per game)
3rd down % allowed: 53rd (38.6% allowed)
4th down % allowed: 121st (70.59% allowed)
TFLs per game: 4th (8.64 per game)
Red Zone td % allowed: 15th (50% allowed -- 17 TDs in 34 chances)
Red Zone Scoring % allowed: 82nd (83.3% allowed -- 29 scores in 34 chances)
Punting: 31st (43.8 Yard average)

Team Stats:

Penalties: 112th (7.2 penalties per game)
Penalty yards: 101st (61.1 Yards per game)
Turnover margin: 35th (0.36 per game -- 18 takeaways, 14 giveaways)
Time of possession: 70th (29:54 per game)
Number of offensive plays: 106th

Takeaways:

Once again, Miami was failed miserably by its absolutely abysmal offense. This team has MANY issues, and the defense isn't anywhere near as good as we expect it to be with the talent on that side, the continuity with the staff, and the schedule we play. It was not a great defense. But it was absolutely FAILED by how bad this offense was, once again. It's like groundhog day around here. No matter who the kids are, no matter who the coaches are, the University of Miami is just incapable of picking up 3rd downs. Why? Dead last this year, 59th last year, 127th in 2017, 106th in 2016, 96th in 2015, 81st in 2014, 104th in 2013....what the **** is happening here? All off-season, all we said was "If we can just punt the football and play decent offense, we should walk to 10 wins". Welp...we learned how to punt. But we traded that off with the inability to make a kick if Baxa or Davidson's lives depended on it. And then about that hopefully decent offense...wow. They did literally NOTHING well. Not one single aspect of the offense was even good nationally, nevermind excellent. We can't run the ball, we can't throw the ball, we can't score points, we can't pick up 3rd downs, we can't block a god**** soul, we can't score in the redzone, we can't move the ball period, and when we get close, we can't make a kick. Jesus Christ. I can argue that this offense was WORSE than last year. I don't think anyone thought that was humanly possible in the summer. But, here we are. I'm not sure what else to say.....the only possible silver lining I can see here is that Jarren Williams looked really good at times, but not nearly good enough. And the offense is incredibly young and almost everyone is back. But this is a fireable offense for Dan Enos, period. You have to try to be this terrible with Miami level talent playing teams like Georgia Tech and FIU and Duke and UNC.

As far as the defense, I'm sure I'll get some blowback here because as I mentioned above, it was certainly far from great. But there are at least some things the defense was really good at. Top 10 nationally again in sacks, in TFLs, very good defense against the run, very good defense in the redzone (15th nationally and that includes a 6/6 game against VT)…..at least there are some things here they do/did very, very well. Unfortunately, holding late game leads is not one of them. The defense blew FAR too many leads late in games this year. But when you look at the totality of the season, it's uncanny just how similar it was to last year. Good to very good defense, horrible special teams, horrible offense. Just mind-boggling when you look at where we were at this point last year, all calling for Richt's head, saying literally anyone could do better than he did....he leaves, we get a guy for $1M a year who was set to be the OC at Alabama...……….and he's literally the exact same guy. Same problems, same ineptitude. Just baffling how literally NOTHING changed from this year from last except we traded punting woes for FG woes. Absolutely amazing.
Net result. Fire Dan Enos. Now.

Anybody that argues in favor of Enox, just show them this thread & tell them to go die in a fire.

Great work OBM.

The 2018 season was arguably the worst offensive season we'd ever had in modern school history...

And ENOX MANAGED TO PRODUCE AN EVEN WORSE OFFENSE!!! How TF is that even possible?!?!? Smfh.

And why TF hasn't he been fired yet??? We're paying that stubborn prick over $1million dollars for this shít???

Smfh there's not one single excuse for that kinda outcome in today's era of college football where you can literally manufacture yards off scheme & pace of play alone.

The next mutha****a that tries to argue for the "Pro Style bro!" Offense, Ima slap you through the internet!

Just look at someplace like USC. Been a dumpster fire, like us, for years. In 2018, they were 78th in scoring offense, 58th in YPP, 65th in passer rating, 59th in YPA.

They bring in Graham Harrell, and in YEAR ONE, 26th in scoring offense, 15th in YPP, 13th in passer rating, 15th in YPA. Oh, and they had their 5-star QB lost for the season in Week 1, then their backup (WHO IS A THREE STAR TRUE FRESHMAN) gets hurt midseason, and they turn to their 3rd sting QB (Another 3-star), and they don't miss a beat. Three-Star true freshman throws for 515 yards against UCLA lol. But sure, Enos needs more time.

Great work OBM.

I can’t give more than 1 reaction on the reaction line...
AGREE!!
LOL!!!
THUMBS UP!!!
LIKE!!!!

The defense is alright but there are some things that Baker does that if he could learn from them the defense can be better. First and foremost, Baker gets to cute, he does to many DL stunts, and they seem to be executed poorly as well, the rushing 3 DL only works if you have lock down DBs and great communication in the secondary, Which UM does not have, he also blitzes to much. It is like the opposition OC is always a step ahead of him. If Baker does not go there needs to be changes on the defensive side if the ball.

Advertisement
Back