Final Recruit Rankings from 247

doctaj11

Freshman
Shakeup at the top as 247Sports announces final 5-stars for '17

No. 7 Cam Akers, RB, Clinton (Miss.) High School
Recruitment: enrolled at Florida State

Movement: Down from No. 3

Simmons says: "Akers is one of the few backs in any class that can step in for Dalvin Cook without missing a beat. I think he truly has that kind of impact ability in Tallahassee. He'll be a starter and a strength on a national title contender. We had already made him the No. 1 RB above Najee Harris in December."

Let's hope he is no Dalvin.

Advertisement
No. 29 Devonta Smith, WR, Amite (La.) High School
Recruitment: After visiting LSU last weekend, Smith has trips to Alabama and Miami in front of him with the Tide considered the favorite.

Movement: Down from No. 14

Simmons says: "This call was about Smith's upside. He's so good right now but still so far from being maxed out. As he adds strength and mass on the college level, he's going to become a dominant force."

Simmons says: "Akers is one of the few backs in any class that can step in for Dalvin Cook without missing a beat. I think he truly has that kind of impact ability in Tallahassee. He'll be a starter and a strength on a national title contender. We had already made him the No. 1 RB above Najee Harris in December."

Yeah, uh...no, Cook was a rare breed. I'm sure no fsu fan, but to act like Cook can easily be replaced is insulting.

Yeah, uh...no, Cook was a rare breed. I'm sure no fsu fan, but to act like Cook can easily be replaced is insulting.

I agree with you, I'd prefer a bust.

Checked his film. QB running from broken play in most his hl. He is fast but not a Dalvin Cook.

Advertisement
Smith down 15 spots in recruiting rankings? Must mean we're getting him...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cam Akers hasn't even played RB and he's rated the #1 RB smdh.....i hope this kids the next trayone gray.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back