Final Preseason Scrimmage 8th Scrimmage 2/11/24

Advertisement
university of miami baseball GIF by Miami Hurricanes

It's game week gentlemen

Advertisement
Thanks to Mike for all the pre-season write-ups.
@DMoney the fans in the Fraser forum would love if we can get Mike on the podcast before we get into the meat of our schedule. He has been to every practice and scrimmage besides one since November.

Thanks to Mike for all the pre-season write-ups.
leave comments on the gablesinsider page to let mike your are thankful for his reporting. I've been trying to get people to view the gablesinsider page so that website can see that baseball is what gets the most traction, so they can keep sending Mike to the games to report

Five games the first week and five pitchers (Gage, Rafe, Herick, Chestnutt, and Vargas) stretched out to starter’s innings.

Advertisement
His speed can change a line up. Would love a top of the order guy that can drive on in the alley one AB for a triple then put down a bunt the next and steal his way into a triple.
I have low hopes for JD… at minimum can we please start recruiting speed… and utilizing it properly. Jacoby has been a great start even though most of us felt he was not utilized correctly last year.

Advertisement
How has Villegas looked? I know Cyr is the guy, but he’ll get pitched around a ton. IMO Villegas is the key to the season and his .260 ain’t gonna cut it. Would love to find a leadoff guy (please put it together Jacoby) and have him in the 2 hole.

If Villegas has taken that next step, Costello is swinging it well, and Long is producing at the top, you got options in case Cuvet struggles. You can slide Villegas or Costello down to 4 to protect Cyr. Even Dorian can slide up to 2 if he continues to hit. That gives you another option if Long isn’t ready to stay at leadoff.

Last edited:
His speed can change a line up. Would love a top of the order guy that can drive on in the alley one AB for a triple then put down a bunt the next and steal his way into a triple.
I think Jacoby needs to change his last name

Advertisement
Back