Final Four vs. UCONN - 4/1 8:49pm EDT on CBS

The two teams I thought Miami had that could actually win it all both played one horrible half where they couldn't buy a basket. What makes this tourney so tough to win, also tough to stomach that type of loss. Coincidentally Uconn will be the champ in both those teams seasons if they win tomorrow.
So what was the other year you thought we could win it all that uconn won instead? In 12-13 Uconn did not win. 15-16 Nova won. Last year Kansas won. This year is still up in the air. Those were the best seasons where I thought we had a chance to win it all. Are you talking about a year before 2012?

Advertisement
So what was the other year you thought we could win it all that uconn won instead? In 12-13 Uconn did not win. 15-16 Nova won. Last year Kansas won. This year is still up in the air. Those were the best seasons where I thought we had a chance to win it all. Are you talking about a year before 2012?
98/99

Awesome run and game overall - we played and shot our worst of the season and still were potentially within single digits there at the end

It would have been a different game if we could have just made a couple more shots and boards when Wong cut it to 8 in the 2nd half...

What a year!!! Magical!

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is correct. That’s why you have to have an elite defense, or a scoring option inside (both of those lead to easy baskets), to hold serve in situations like this. Miami had neither.
I don’t care what anybody says. We had what was needed to win. We didn’t play well. It happens. I think we beat UConn 6/7 out of 10. A little more size would be nice along with a little more depth. But neither was needed for us to win. Nobody played well. We didn’t get a single call. UConn got most 50/50 balls and we couldn’t hit anything. Gave up so many open shots and uncontested layups.

I don’t care what anybody says. We had what was needed to win. We didn’t play well. It happens. I think we beat UConn 6/7 out of 10. A little more size would be nice along with a little more depth. But neither was needed for us to win. Nobody played well. We didn’t get a single call. UConn got most 50/50 balls and we couldn’t hit anything. Gave up so many open shots and uncontested layups.
You aren’t wrong, but that’s not the argument I was making. We had enough to win, this team proved that all year. But when shots aren’t falling, there’s no fail safe. We needed one last night.

If anything my argument is a compliment to how good the team was, despite the glaring weaknesses.

Exactly, can't score if you don't put it in the basket, simple. And I don't care what size they are, find some more pogo sticks like Omier that can go up and get misses, period.

If UConn wins Men’s team will have been eliminated by the Champ two years in a row. And with LSU likely beating Iowa, the women’s team will have lost to the champ this yr too.

Advertisement
We are fans on a message board so I get it but I dont see it.. Hawkins was at most 75%, Jackson was in early foul trouble in first half, and they still were up 13 at half time. Everything seemed hard for us and from opening tip they had open looks, they took lead and never really had to break sweat.. Nobody played well, well thats on us! No one to blame but ourselves.. We knew the stakes going in, we dont get 10 chances, you get one.. Bring your A game.. We didnt.

UConn has manhandled everyone in this tournament as a 4 seed in way maybe never seen before and you're still under the delusion that Canes BB is beating them 70% of the time? Wow. The better team won and convincingly. Canes ran into a buzzsaw and there's no shame in that. Stop pretending otherwise.

Seemed like me played to get to the final four, but did not play to win it.
You play to win but Coach L said that the big stage of the Final Four did feel a bit overwhelming for the kids

Let's get back there next year!

Advertisement
Love this season and last.

But, CBB is capricious. Look at how many blue bloods were nowhere in the tourney, including last year finalists. We're not going to be in this position regularly. Just enjoy what we did.

Come on, man. Lose with class, win with class. Miami had a great season. Don't sh*t on it.

Folks, trust me, this is not representative of most UConn fans.
You seem like a knowledgeable & reasonable fan! You have an awesome team this year and aside from some brief moments we didn’t have an answer for your size, length, & D tenacity. We definitely didn’t play our best but I attribute most of that to your play. I have no rooting interest in the title game besides the fact that if you win & by more than 13 we can say we played the champions closer than anyone in the tournament. So good luck, imho you’re welcome here anytime.

Advertisement
Back