Final Four vs. UCONN - 4/1 8:49pm EDT on CBS

This game is a game of runs. Like last week against Texas we cut it to single digits (within 8) but credit to UCONN they didn’t fold in the last couple of minutes like Texas did. Still felt like at our best we’re the better team. But it was an amazing run and season. Hopefully we recruit well and sign big time transfer players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
2nd year in a row run out by teams with a big size advantage. Need to address that.

Yet we ran both Duke and Wake off the court, both of which had a big size advantage. UConn combined the size of multiple big men with some very athletic guard play. There's a reason why they're about to win the national title.

1680405896949.png

Advertisement
I'm proud of this team. This was a great year for us. UConn was just too much for us. They shot lights out, and we just weren't big enough to play with them. They are without a doubt the best team in the country, and we shouldn't be ashamed that we lost to them. It sucks, but at least we're competing with the best in a sport again. I think 2024 can be THE year for us if we can add some size via the portal.

I really hope we can get 2 good portal players (one big guy) and a guard (there are plenty out there) so we can capitalize on the last 2 seasons. Miami should be a destination for portal guys after what ours have done and NIL.

Last edited:
Unfinished business that will motivate Wong to come back to school next year.
12 returning players with one incoming freshman gives Miami a really good team for next season.
Expectations will be high but they will have the talent to match those expectations.
I would be stunned if Wong returned. I'm just not sure what else he could do next season to increase his value professionally unless he just really wants to return with another chance at a deep run. I'd love it if he did though. Maybe a bigger NIL deal would make him consider it

Advertisement
This game is a game of runs. Like last week against Texas we cut it to single digits (within 8) but credit to UCONN they didn’t fold in the last couple of minutes like Texas did. Still felt like at our best we’re the better team. But it was an amazing run and season. Hopefully we recruit well and sign big time transfer players.
Play of game is omier and Joseph fighting for rebound and then doing some three stooges bump into each other while clingan gets a easy score.. After that all momentum lost and we never got close again

I’ll say this if UConn wins it all it says something that on both of our deep runs we were knocked out by the eventual champion.

Advertisement
There are 351 D1 basketball programs in America. Every team that's worth a **** loses their final game except one.

We made it to the Final Four after beating the #12, #4, #1, and #2 seeds in the midwest and lost our last game to what will be the eventual national champion in front of 77,000 on National TV while getting millions and millions of dollars worth of exposure for the school and program. We cut down two nets this year. What a season. One for the ages. Congrats to Coach L, his staff and this wonderful team. You will never be forgotten.

I would be stunned if Wong returned. I'm just not sure what else he could do next season to increase his value professionally unless he just really wants to return with another chance at a deep run. I'd love it if he did though. Maybe a bigger NIL deal would make him consider it
I bet he’s back. He can make more in NIL then g league or Europe and he’s only projected as a second round pick if he tries to go to nba which is far from a guaranteed roster spot

Advertisement
Back