Final four tix - anyone receive email yet?

I was charged 3 times but still haven’t received my tickets that I bought through UM. (Had to also get some others through OnLocation in UM section and those came through last night.) Talked to the Hurricane Club / Ticket Office yesterday and they confirmed that my tickets are confirmed and I got the confirmation email, but still haven’t received my seat assignments from UM.

Not too worried about it, but as others have said above, pretty cumbersome on a compressed schedule. God forbid if we ever play in the CFB playoff and win a semifinal, and the UM ticket office has a week to prepare for that haha.

Advertisement
I was charged 3 times but still haven’t received my tickets that I bought through UM. (Had to also get some others through OnLocation in UM section and those came through last night.) Talked to the Hurricane Club / Ticket Office yesterday and they confirmed that my tickets are confirmed and I got the confirmation email, but still haven’t received my seat assignments from UM.

Not too worried about it, but as others have said above, pretty cumbersome on a compressed schedule. God forbid if we ever play in the CFB playoff and win a semifinal, and the UM ticket office has a week to prepare for that haha.
Glad to hear this. I haven’t called them yet but I’m beginning to worry. I’ve been charged for them but I haven’t received any email.

This ticketing process is the same as last year's Sweet 16/Elite 8 weekend. Cumbersome with delays between notice of getting tickets, getting seat locations, and then finally actually being able to download the tickets through Ticketmaster. Leads me to think it's more NCAA mandated process than UM, but maybe UM is slow with their allocation process/uploading information. Ultimately works out and it's a compressed schedule, so I cut the ticket office some slack.

Wrong. This is the ticket office. They charged people's credit cards at different times. The NCAA can only go off of what they get from UM.

100% this is on UM.

UM ticket office in everything is poorly run

Wrong. This is the ticket office. They charged people's credit cards at different times. The NCAA can only go off of what they get from UM.

100% this is on UM.
NCAA sure had zero issues getting seats sold lol. i have a friend who got tix through FAU and they were handled better than we were.

Advertisement
NCAA sure had zero issues getting seats sold lol. i have a friend who got tix through FAU and they were handled better than we were.

Yeah, I just talked to the UM ticket office THIS MORNING. The guy told me they did NOT get all the information uploaded to the NCAA last night, and that they would be finishing up this morning.

I've tried to tell people...this is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on our ticket office.

Yeah, I just talked to the UM ticket office THIS MORNING. The guy told me they did NOT get all the information uploaded to the NCAA last night, and that they would be finishing up this morning.

I've tried to tell people...this is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT on our ticket office.
so many things change but nothing really changes. multiple ADs now have had ticket office issues. as i said in the parking ticket thread, early returns for Rad imo havent been great due to a lot of amateur hour **** they pulled. maybe its bc hes used to clemson and not that miami really isnt this diehard fanbase that clemson is relating to tickets?

also, amazing how we only got 3500 tickets lol (they say that but they def left tickets aside for the FF package they were trying to sell to alums) in a football stadium lol

this school couldnt handle a CFP playoff if their lives depended on it with a quick turnaround lol.

Not surprising.. Have said for years miami runs like a mom and pop organization.. Hopefully this changes soon with their renewed commitment to big time athletics and this is growing pains but we will see

Not surprising.. Have said for years miami runs like a mom and pop organization.. Hopefully this changes soon with their renewed commitment to big time athletics and this is growing pains but we will see
hopefully. imo the stunt they pulled w the parking and football season tickets were an absolute failure but i guess they didnt care. they went after greed even given the poor attendance last year and poor on field results. hoops and baseball were the two things that felt like a true college feel in terms of sports at UM. they had that small town feel to them compared to football. hopefully it stays that way for both bc there is a nice sense of community for those that attend frequently.

Advertisement
so many things change but nothing really changes. multiple ADs now have had ticket office issues. as i said in the parking ticket thread, early returns for Rad imo havent been great due to a lot of amateur hour **** they pulled. maybe its bc hes used to clemson and not that miami really isnt this diehard fanbase that clemson is relating to tickets?

also, amazing how we only got 3500 tickets lol (they say that but they def left tickets aside for the FF package they were trying to sell to alums) in a football stadium lol

this school couldnt handle a CFP playoff if their lives depended on it with a quick turnaround lol.

From what Dan has said, I believe that Year 2 will see a lot of changes in accountability.

As for the ticket allotment, that is an NCAA issue. They sell most of the stadium well in advance. If they gave 4,200 tickets to each school to sell (fans and students), then that is over 17,000 tickets when you factor in the seats for the ADs and the Presidents, and the other school bigwigs.

By no means am I defending the NCAA, but this has NEVER been about "the schools" or "the kids", the NCAA just does whatever the **** is best for the NCAA.

From what Dan has said, I believe that Year 2 will see a lot of changes in accountability.

As for the ticket allotment, that is an NCAA issue. They sell most of the stadium well in advance. If they gave 4,200 tickets to each school to sell (fans and students), then that is over 17,000 tickets when you factor in the seats for the ADs and the Presidents, and the other school bigwigs.

By no means am I defending the NCAA, but this has NEVER been about "the schools" or "the kids", the NCAA just does whatever the **** is best for the NCAA.
What happens to the tickets for the 2 schools that lose on Saturday? Are they redistributed to the winners or sold on the open market?

i agree on that i just found it funny lol. also, i love how the market backfired on the secondary market sellers who were trying to make a profit

What happens to the tickets for the 2 schools that lose on Saturday? Are they redistributed to the winners or sold on the open market?
so w UM specifically, they dont charge you for Monday until you win saturday. if you win satruday, they automatically charge you for monday adn give you the same seats

Advertisement

You don't actually have tickets for Monday yet.

For instance, for the Sweet 16, my tickets were on the OPPOSITE side of the floor from the team for the first game, then for the Elite 8 I was behind the bench. I think the same thing is true for Saturday, I'd imagine that UConn and SDSU got the seats behind the benches (higher seeds), while us and FAU got the opposite side. Then, the two winning schools will get seats behind their teams, while the other seats are sold by the NCAA.

Finally got my email confirm (and my card was charged), but still no mobile tickets to download or transfer.

This seems like a very cumbersome process. I get the feeling they were caught off guard a tad on the demand for tickets, and the fact that we've had a 20 year drought on the national stage in football and basketball.

Is there such a thing as re-growth pains?
I clicked on the ncaa
Finally got my email confirm (and my card was charged), but still no mobile tickets to download or transfer.

This seems like a very cumbersome process. I get the feeling they were caught off guard a tad on the demand for tickets, and the fact that we've had a 20 year drought on the national stage in football and basketball.

Is there such a thing as re-growth pains?
I was able to get my tickets by clicking on the ncaa.com/account link in the ticket confirmation email.

Advertisement

Read somewhere that SDSU got 3500 as well.

oh i read they said same seats but i guess they would lie lol. id have to recheck the email i got anyways. fwiw, i didnt buy through UM so it didnt really impact me

No, you'll get the same number of seats, but you will not be sitting in the same spot. My seats changed for both Elite 8 games (last year and this year), and I guaran-*******-tee that if we make the Championship, they will put a bunch of us behind the bench.

Advertisement
Back