Final Four Press; Canes on National TV

Advertisement
It costs $1M for a 30 second ad during the Final Four. It'll cost $1.5M during the championship game. If John Ruiz wanted to put commercials for Life Wallet on TV for both games it would cost him $2.5M. I guarantee you he will get more than 60 seconds of exposure, even if we don't make it past the Final Four. How much are the players on this team making? I guarantee you it's a net positive from an ad spend, exposure perspective.

Is this not the purest form of NIL that exists in college today? It is a transaction between a player that has exposure and a business that wants to utilize that exposure for financial gain. The media, other teams, the world can b**** about Miami and NIL but this is what it was set up for and John Ruiz, for all the people who say is "too loud", is getting his company a lot of exposure. You could argue that by being so loud he actually has a better case that it's about publicity for his company.

For all the players getting paid in college, I don't know what 99.99% of them are actually promoting, or even if they're promoting. But the entire country knows Life Wallet because they know John Ruiz.

It costs $1M for a 30 second ad during the Final Four. It'll cost $1.5M during the championship game. If John Ruiz wanted to put commercials for Life Wallet on TV for both games it would cost him $2.5M. I guarantee you he will get more than 60 seconds of exposure, even if we don't make it past the Final Four. How much are the players on this team making? I guarantee you it's a net positive from an ad spend, exposure perspective.

Is this not the purest form of NIL that exists in college today? It is a transaction between a player that has exposure and a business that wants to utilize that exposure for financial gain. The media, other teams, the world can b**** about Miami and NIL but this is what it was set up for and John Ruiz, for all the people who say is "too loud", is getting his company a lot of exposure. You could argue that by being so loud he actually has a better case that it's about publicity for his company.

For all the players getting paid in college, I don't know what 99.99% of them are actually promoting, or even if they're promoting. But the entire country knows Life Wallet because they know John Ruiz.
I know one group that knows Ruiz--the Gaytors. He is their boogeyman every time UF loses a prized recruit to Miami.

Excellent, and spot on post....

w

wouldnt be a bad idea to boost brand recognition. i honestly couldnt succinctly explain what lifewallet does in 60 seconds, but im sure they could at very least drum up interest out of curious viewers.

Advertisement
I guess I'm not familiar with how many other schools/organizations are doing NIL, but the ones I've heard about mostly sound shady. We get all the hate because Miami, but OP is correct: Ruiz is doing this the way it was intended and most others are just paying kids to play football.

Yup. The earned media he's getting is why he paid these kids and does what he does. To buy the exposure he's getting from the media; low eight figures.

It's no longer, "Nigel Peck, who transferred in from Kansas State"—it's "Nigel Peck, the Kansas State transfer with the $800,000 NIL deal from John Ruiz, who owns LifeWallet".

Yup. The earned media he's getting is why he paid these kids and does what he does. To buy the exposure he's getting from the media; low eight figures.

It's no longer, "Nigel Peck, who transferred in from Kansas State"—it's "Nigel Peck, the Kansas State transfer with the $800,000 NIL deal from John Ruiz, who owns LifeWallet".

Not sure it's either, mate.

I know ZERO about basketball (and proud of of it...)...

quick question...if Canes win, do they have a real chance to win in championship game?

Do they have a real chance in this round??

Advertisement
College Sports GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Go Canes!!!!
I was worried about UCONN D as I posted a few times last week. My dreams of an FAU vs Miami final went down the drain though that first game was exciting. I think had we beaten UCONN, we had a good chance of beating either of the other 2. It was still a great year for basketball, Men's and Women's. Go Canes 🏀
Now, come on Mario!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back