Final 2024 Class Rankings

Seriously question: Is there a difference between a box safety and Manny’s striker position that Finley and Frierson played?
Depends on the scheme but I would say body type and tweener positional ability are the same

Advertisement
So do I have this right?

After all that *****ing for 6 months Mario signed the best DL class in the country?
IMG_1655.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sure. Make a thread “ThiS tiME…iT’s PErSoNAL” about corner and then we can have, oh, I don’t know 80 or 90 pages of grown men fighting to make the least funny joke and we’ll get some corners. It’s science.
You are an oddly angry man. Try smiling buddy.

mack is ranked way too low and I think Lofton is too.
They going by lofton size at this level and it’s fair to think he won’t do those things he did in HS. Small and not explosive for cfb but he’s a legit 3-4 star. It’s all projection at this level not what they do in HS. Same like Cook he was a 5 star and Yearby should have been a 3 based on projections not stats. If Lofton does it here then they ****ed up but it’s fair to me. The TE UGA got from Fla we were after now that’s a 6 star imo. Off frame everything dude is a menace. Pause

Top 30. Based on his performance it would be justified.

I can also see why they wouldn't give massive bumps like that. Sure, they did extremely well, but there's another all star game. How many top 100 players were at that other game? They weren't going against player x, y, and z that played in that one. Also the game doesn't do some positions any favors.

Either way, I don't really care. We got them and it's reassuring to see them do well in that game. A ranking bump won't change things for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From?
Also seen Lyle caught a bump.
He wasn’t ranked as a number. He was a low 4 star with a rating of 90 and composite wise he was 226. He should move up well into the top 200 now. So should Lyle who was rated much higher on the other sites and it was 247 that was keeping his rating down if I remember correctly.

What position is next?

I was just looking at the 2025 preliminary rankings, and I'm surprised at how few South Florida guys are up there:

247 Composite Rankings
#87 -- Chris Ewald (CB)
#102 -- Deandre Desinor (RB)
#104 -- Naeshaun Montgomery (WR)
#128 -- Cortez Mills (WR)
#136 -- Ben Hanks (CB)
#137 -- Amari Wallace (S)
#182 -- Byron Louis (RB)
#200 -- Gregory Xavier Thomas (CB)
#244 -- Bryce Fitzgerald (S)
#254 -- Tony Williams (S)
#272 -- Waden Charles (ATH)
#273 -- Jett White (CB)
#294 -- Koby Howard (WR)

GIven the above, I would hope we go after WRs and DBs. Can't get the local guys to commit if we don't also have national Top 300 showing strong interest, so we want to be super aggressive with lots of names on the board early IMO.

Of course, we need to sustain our OL/DL quality and see what these last 2 classes of LBs produces. And we need to land Fickel or replace him with equivalent or better, no excuses.

I was just looking at the 2025 preliminary rankings, and I'm surprised at how few South Florida guys are up there:

247 Composite Rankings
#87 -- Chris Ewald (CB)
#102 -- Deandre Desinor (RB)
#104 -- Naeshaun Montgomery (WR)
#128 -- Cortez Mills (WR)
#136 -- Ben Hanks (CB)
#137 -- Amari Wallace (S)
#182 -- Byron Louis (RB)
#200 -- Gregory Xavier Thomas (CB)
#244 -- Bryce Fitzgerald (S)
#254 -- Tony Williams (S)
#272 -- Waden Charles (ATH)
#273 -- Jett White (CB)
#294 -- Koby Howard (WR)

GIven the above, I would hope we go after WRs and DB. Of course, we need to sustain our OL/DL quality and see what these last 2 classes of LBs produces. And we need to land Fickel or replace him with equivalent or better, no excuses.
Secondary is the most obvious choice but I'd like a top RB talent. I would also like 2 QBs in the class. I won't comment on OL until I have more data.

Advertisement
Back