Final 2024 Class Rankings

Good question. I’ve never researched it.

I’d need data on how players performed in practices and game to get a normal distribution. I could try some nonparametric methods if my sample was too small or I couldn’t get a normal distribution and see what it says.

Not a bad project to think through for future work.
Thanks for chiming in Lance. I agree that it is an interesting topic worthy of more attention in terms of how performance in these settings could be an indicator of how well a prospect will translate to the major college level from high school.

The fact you singled out Mack in another post as being the kid who surprised you the most is not surprising to me at all. The evidence that he was much more than a political take has been out there for most of the season now that I have the benefit of hindsight. People were commenting on his high football IQ, his playmaking ability, good speed, fluidity etc for months now but I would venture to guess that most just chalked it up to overenthusiastic homerism lol. We now know that this was not the case lol. I agree with you on Mack and believe he will have the opportunity to greatly outperform his 3 star designation.

I would be fascinated to read your thoughts on every one of our 3 stars in this class. Have you put that out yet and if so how can I find it? Thank again @Lance Roffers .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just saw Rivals & 247 Post that their final 2024 recruiting rankings will be posted later this week (I assume ESPN/ON3 will also be updating theirs as well

according to the 247 Composite our players are currently rated: (not including transfers)

DL - Justin Scott: .9949 (5 ⭐️) 15th Natl
DL - Armondo Blount: .9903 (5⭐️) 22nd Natl
WR - Ny Carr: .9775 (4⭐️) 48th Natl
WR - JoJo Trader: .9762 (4⭐️) 50th Natl
Edge - Marquise Lightfoot: .9711 (4⭐️) 60th Natl
S - Quan Patterson: .9649 (4⭐️) 68th Natl
LB - Adarius Hayes: .9636 (4⭐️) 73rd Natl
RB - Jordan Lyle: .9374 (4⭐️) 145th Natl
WR - Chance Robinson: .9326 (4⭐️) 155th Natl
DT - Artavious Jones: .9234 (4⭐️) 191t Natl
Edge - Booker Pickett: .9176 (4⭐️) 226th Natl
TE - Elijah Lofton: .9094 (4⭐️) 279th Natl
Edge - Elias Rudolph: .8998 (4⭐️) 354th Natl
LB - Cam Pruitt: .8898 (3⭐️) 476th Natl
CB - Ryan Mack: .8878 (3⭐️) 492nd Natl
OL - Markell Bell: .8874 (3⭐️) 15th Natl (JUCO)
S - Isaiah Thomas: .8825 (3⭐️) 588th Natl
S - Dylan Day: .8769 (3⭐️) 694th Natl
OT - Deryc Plazz: .8761 (3⭐️) 715th Natl
Edge - Cole McConathy: .8758 (3⭐️) 723rd Natl
CB - Romanas Frédérique: .8744 (3⭐️)761st Nat
RB - CWH: .8744 (3⭐️) 761st Natl
QB - Judd Anderson: .8689 (3⭐️) 920th Natl
OL - Juan Minaya: .8644 (3⭐️) 1059th Natl
DL - Daylen Russel: .8586 (3⭐️) 1232nd Natl
IOL - Nino Francavilla: .8304 (3⭐️) 2012th Natl

From what iv heard Pickett/Mack/Patterson should get bumps and I’m also curios as to how much each of them actually jump (especially Mack) is there anyone that could be due for a sizeable bump?
Thanks! Now let's WIN. Go Canes 🏈

I’ve watched full games of every 3-star we signed thus far. It was Mack who actually surprised me the most.

My understanding was he was more of a political take to get other recruits etc. That’s not the case at all. That kid was a take if his name was Billy Smith.

Good speed, decent size, flexible hips, can catch. Smart.

I expected it to be McConathy I thought should be much higher, but it was honestly Mack.

Agree. I don’t get why Mack isn’t rated much higher given his athleticism and experience. Should be a Top 100. Kid is going to play early and often.

McConathy surprises me with his production because he doesn’t pop on his film (IMO, I know some others on here disagree). But that production alone deserves a low fourth star.

on the downside I will be shocked if Blount doesn’t take a hit. With kids moving up, someone has to move down. And he didn’t get to play in an All Star game. Scott may move down too, not dramatically but at least a few spots.

on the downside I will be shocked if Blount doesn’t take a hit. With kids moving up, someone has to move down. And he didn’t get to play in an All Star game. Scott may move down too, not dramatically but at least a few spots.
Did Scott and/or Blount play in the All Star game?

Advertisement
Agree. I could see him losing 5* status. I see Lightfoot, Pickett, Mack, Lofton, and Lyle all climbing.

Advertisement
Thanks for chiming in Lance. I agree that it is an interesting topic worthy of more attention in terms of how performance in these settings could be an indicator of how well a prospect will translate to the major college level from high school.

The fact you singled out Mack in another post as being the kid who surprised you the most is not surprising to me at all. The evidence that he was much more than a political take has been out there for most of the season now that I have the benefit of hindsight. People were commenting on his high football IQ, his playmaking ability, good speed, fluidity etc for months now but I would venture to guess that most just chalked it up to overenthusiastic homerism lol. We now know that this was not the case lol. I agree with you on Mack and believe he will have the opportunity to greatly outperform his 3 star designation.

I would be fascinated to read your thoughts on every one of our 3 stars in this class. Have you put that out yet and if so how can I find it? Thank again @Lance Roffers .
I haven't put it out yet. I got sidetracked by Cam Ward and the portal etc.

Probably something I put out closer to Signing Day.

A trap I'm finding myself falling into more and more as I age is getting excited about a project, only to find I have less time/energy than I'd like and it ends up taking longer than expected or not finished at all. Need to step up my game to Mario levels.

I haven't put it out yet. I got sidetracked by Cam Ward and the portal etc.

Probably something I put out closer to Signing Day.

A trap I'm finding myself falling into more and more as I age is getting excited about a project, only to find I have less time/energy than I'd like and it ends up taking longer than expected or not finished at all. Need to step up my game to Mario levels.
Sounds to me like you need to get on a cafecito regimen.

I’ve watched full games of every 3-star we signed thus far. It was Mack who actually surprised me the most.

My understanding was he was more of a political take to get other recruits etc. That’s not the case at all. That kid was a take if his name was Billy Smith.

Good speed, decent size, flexible hips, can catch. Smart.

I expected it to be McConathy I thought should be much higher, but it was honestly Mack.

Who shocked you the most relative to their place in the class?

Mine is still Isiah Thomas. I don’t see it.

Advertisement
Rivals live update….

Blount from 21st to 26th (-5 overall)
Lightfoot from 86th to 17th (+69 overall)

Patterson? Was 20th overall before
Scott? Was 10th overall before.

Updates coming every 10 minutes.

That’s a massive move by Lightfoot on Rivals.

And a much smaller drop than I expected for Blount. That should keep him a composite 5*

Advertisement
That’s a massive move by Lightfoot on Rivals.

And a much smaller drop than I expected for Blount. That should keep him a composite 5*
Still gotta get through 247 and On3. We’ll see how it shakes out. Very happy with Blount’s minimal drop.

Lightfoot got what he deserved. Anyone who watched that game saw there wasn’t 25 kids better than him in America. If ESPN moves lightfoot anywhere close to top 75 he might be a top 20 player composite.

Still gotta get through 247 and On3. We’ll see how it shakes out. Very happy with Blount’s minimal drop.

Lightfoot got what he deserved. Anyone who watched that game saw there wasn’t 25 kids better than him in America. If ESPN moves lightfoot anywhere close to top 75 he might be a top 20 player composite.

I can’t believe ESPN is still counted in the composite. Do they still cover recruiting like they did a few years ago?

Do we know when One3 and 247 are doing their final rankings?

Advertisement
Back