Film Study- Miami Vs. FAU 1st Quarter

Advertisement
Awesome job, op. Ignore the children on this site. Too busy complaining to read the op, but deciding to post anyway. Smh.

The o-line got better as the game went on. Still very disturbing to see the left tackle play this poorly.

I absolutely hate our personnel decisions. It has been horrific the entire time golden has been here.

I have given this topic some thought recently and came to a realization. It is consistent with what a lot of people complain about. I don't think the staff view their jobs correctly. They think they just have to teach their scheme and then choose the players that are executing the best. This is the wrong thought process. Their job is to teach their scheme and get their BEST PLAYERS/MOST TALENTED PLAYERS to execute the scheme. This is the job. Their job is to get AQM and Chad on the field. They have to get Carter on the field and playing at a high level. That's coaching players up. Too often they just take the guy who "gets it" and puts him on the field regardless of their talent level I.e., Crawford, Trent, fentress, kamalu. This is a HUGE issue.

You literally have to take poor options from them. That's the only time they make the right choice e.g. Gus Edwards and Ryan Williams. Smdh

Last edited:
Way too much to read. You have access to coach's film?

Can you do a defensive statistical breakdown of how UM did against this Group of 5 team versus how other Power 5 teams did against Group of 5 teams this week?

I get what you're doing here, but yes, actually, I do plan to do this. If you would actually read what I wrote, you'd know I'm not a Golden lover, I simply look for analytics when doing data analysis, and look at what the film tells me when looking at film.

I'm no expert, savant, or coach and never claimed to be, but it would be so much easier to have an actual conversation with you if you read the words instead of filling in your agenda. Heck, you'd probably find I can't stand the way our program plays, either.

You seem like a good dude. I was just wondering how you have access to coach's film.

Can you do a defensive statistical breakdown of how UM did against this Group of 5 team versus how other Power 5 teams did against Group of 5 teams this week?

I get what you're doing here, but yes, actually, I do plan to do this. If you would actually read what I wrote, you'd know I'm not a Golden lover, I simply look for analytics when doing data analysis, and look at what the film tells me when looking at film.

I'm no expert, savant, or coach and never claimed to be, but it would be so much easier to have an actual conversation with you if you read the words instead of filling in your agenda. Heck, you'd probably find I can't stand the way our program plays, either.

You seem like a good dude. I was just wondering how you have access to coach's film.

Coach's film would be fantastic, but alas, I have to make do with re-watching each play four to five times to evaluate. The biggest hurdle is evaluating safeties- especially since we have them so deep so **** often. It's also difficult to evaluate the boundary corner, and angles taken by defenders. Most of the time you can discern who was at fault by the reactions other players make, but not always.

Honestly, I'm just so **** beaten down by how little enthusiasm I have for our program right now, it gives me an endeavor to try and understand. At least it's something I enjoy, where if I simply watch play-to-play live, I tend to not enjoy it even when we win. That's why I say I honestly think we're on the same side and I'm not trying to put lipstick on our pig.

Advertisement

Coach's film would be fantastic, but alas, I have to make do with re-watching each play four to five times to evaluate. The biggest hurdle is evaluating safeties- especially since we have them so deep so **** often. It's also difficult to evaluate the boundary corner, and angles taken by defenders. Most of the time you can discern who was at fault by the reactions other players make, but not always.

Honestly, I'm just so **** beaten down by how little enthusiasm I have for our program right now, it gives me an endeavor to try and understand. At least it's something I enjoy, where if I simply watch play-to-play live, I tend to not enjoy it even when we win. That's why I say I honestly think we're on the same side and I'm not trying to put lipstick on our pig.

Like I said, you sound like a good dude. I can't even take any joy in busting your balls.

Don't refer to what you're doing as looking at film, though, because that's a completely different animal than what you're doing no matter how worn out your pause and replay button is.

Like I said, you sound like a good dude. I can't even take any joy in busting your balls.

Don't refer to what you're doing as looking at film, though, because that's a completely different animal than what you're doing no matter how worn out your pause and replay button is.

I knew what you were getting at with the question.

Ehhhh...the All-22 is different, but they have so many angles and replays now, you get the whole field on most plays. I've seen the All-22 for NFL games and basically you can evaluate the QB's better, and S's better. Boundary WR's/CB's if they don't pan out or throw to that side, but it's not some magically different view on things like watching chick ball vs. men's basketball.

A college game broadcast on a decent network is better film than what we had on the I-AA level.

Awesome job, op. Ignore the children on this site. Too busy complaining to read the op, but deciding to post anyway. Smh.

The o-line got better as the game went on. Still very disturbing to see the left tackle play this poorly.

I absolutely hate our personnel decisions. It has been horrific the entire time golden has been here.

I have given this topic some thought recently and came to a realization. It is consistent with what a lot of people complain about. I don't think the staff view their jobs correctly. They think they just have to teach their scheme and then choose the players that are executing the best. This is the wrong thought process. Their job is to teach their scheme and get their BEST PLAYERS/MOST TALENTED PLAYERS to execute the scheme. This is the job. Their job is to get AQM and Chad on the field. They have to get Carter on the field and playing at a high level. That's coaching players up. Too often they just take the guy who "gets it" and puts him on the field regardless of their talent level I.e., Crawford, Trent, fentress, kamalu. This is a HUGE issue.

You literally have to take poor options from them. That's the only time they make the right choice e.g. Gus Edwards and Ryan Williams. Smdh
So you think we need to read all that to know Golden sucks ahaha. U don't understand when people have seen enough after 4 plus years? Its mean they/we are done with that bich. Want him gone. We have seen a million times LBs covering slot and Coley all vertical offensive scheme. 4 years is enough, wtf we need to read how FAU pile up 292 yards in one half for?

U could educate yourself a little about the why. Most of the folks on here are just repeating what they read. Seems like reading was too much for you. So sad

Advertisement

Thanks for the post. It basically confirmed what we already knew. Wrong players playing in a schitty scheme on both sides of the ball.

It's refreshing to find a football head that doesn't think he's the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi.

Keep up the good work. I'll read it!

That OL is going to need VT's lunch pail's all season long. B/c it really is going to be a long year for them. Between the OL and LB depth and experience, this really is a 5-7 win team. I just don't see them running the game against VT, FSU, Clemple, UNC, Virginia and Pitt with no bi-week. That run looks like a 2-3 win run.

U could educate yourself a little about the why. Most of the folks on here are just repeating what they read. Seems like reading was too much for you. So sad
Naa bich I don't need to educate myself about **** Folden has coached over 50 games at Miami and I have seen every single one of them, live or on TV. Someone writing about it is not going to tell me anything else.

And kudos to your coach knowledge and use of football terms.....I'm not practicing to be a coach. I know when someone sucks at caoching and Golden has proved that over and over and over. Ba

You can get 95% what you need from a broadcast. Its better then most levels outside D1 and those coaches break down film as much as the D1 guys.

No need to bust his chops.

Advertisement

wee-bey-gif.gif
no sarcasm this post really helped me understand their mindset. This explains a lot.

Just an excellent breakdown of a poorly played 1st quarter that set the theme for the entire night. Well done by the OP!

Great write-up and analysis. Kirby is a guy who looks the part, but simply isn't all that good. He's always been a tad slow to diagnose plays

As for Crawford, he gets completely exposed out in space, especially as the last line of defense( IIRC, he had two big whiffs as the last line of defense in the first quarter)

Advertisement
"My guess is that is because of the coverage and gap responsibilities we put on them. Muhammad is better than McCord"

Good Write up my Ninja, did you meant to say Harris as opposed to McCord? If so, i totally agree bra. Trusty Trent is a good player, but AMQ is on a different planet in terms of explosiveness. In that Jenkins INT, AQM took on two cats and still managed to get to the QB while making him rush the throw.. Now, Jenkins being the ball-hawk that he is, seal the deal. Its sad to see that after AQM, jenkins and Bush make a big play on D, Alfredo and Butt_f*ck buddy Dorito rotates them!! WTF.. I dont get it.. these cats are in shape and in their prime dam it, let them play 90% of the snaps.. These cats are playmakers period. I feel bad Dallas meng.. He is fentress V.2.. He is just too slow for safety.. He doesnt have range.

Fly that f*cking banner next week.

You can get 95% what you need from a broadcast. Its better then most levels outside D1 and those coaches break down film as much as the D1 guys.

No need to bust his chops.

Like you know anything about breaking down film. White knight, you sour because I said Mark Stoops sucks? You're all of a sudden on my jock out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Back