X's and O's FILM STUDY: Ben Congdon vs Central Michigan

Good stuff man. I’ve had an obsession with OL play since the Al Golden days. I do one replay watch of every game where I just watch the OL. Imo having 58 in there at guard will also help 76 at center. It’s not too often you have such a tiny guard that’s smaller than the center. Small , lacking power and length on top of that he doesn’t move all that well for being so small. Congdon beefs up the interior which makes life easier for 76 in the run game and pass game.
 
SJ looked pretty good at C. Less time and distance. Not sure vs a big Bear front.

Cantwell still was a little high in some clips.
 
Landon - appreciate your videos. I never miss your Hurricanes content. Best in the business at breaking down O Line play. Keep up the good work!
 
We got our LG! No way he doesn’t start against Clemson. Maybe he comes in second series to settle nerves and never comes out. But this guy is the goods. I maintain that he didn’t play against WF because he was knicked up.
 
While different sizes and types of players, I hope his trajectory follows the path of Anthonie Knapp from ND, who was also thrust into serious action as a True Frosh.
 
Do you expect him to remain at guard or transition to tackle later in his career? I can't help but get excited about this O lines potential later in the season...
 
Good stuff man. I’ve had an obsession with OL play since the Al Golden days. I do one replay watch of every game where I just watch the OL. Imo having 58 in there at guard will also help 76 at center. It’s not too often you have such a tiny guard that’s smaller than the center. Small , lacking power and length on top of that he doesn’t move all that well for being so small. Congdon beefs up the interior which makes life easier for 76 in the run game and pass game.

I’ve harped on this in other forums, OL is an equation and you have to be cognizant of how variables interact.

I never believed the Mirabal, “we had two starting quality C,” stuff. In fact when coaches say that it’s usually a red flag, and the reason they signed C out of portal two consecutive years, injuries noted.

Rodriguez has a respectable floor but a limited ceiling, he’s not a guy you can have an undersized guard on either side of given what we ask out of our OL, especially in the ground game. If he gets better support next to him, he too will start looking a lot better.
 
Back
Top