Film Review of Virginia Game

Advertisement
These posts really are awesome. Those of us that know just enough football to get into trouble understand different schemes, and maybe generally how to attack them, but not the nuts and bolts of how to execute either. Greatly appreciated.

As much ragging as McCloud deserves, which is a lot, he's really being put in a tough position consistently dropping into coverage. Guys that are uncomfortable the whole game will make additional mistakes even when they're in the right spot (running into punter, over-pursuit, etc). Looking at our recruiting patterns (and the subtle use of Amari Carter), it appears the coaches know we need more 3 safety looks as a base, but we're still trotting out the 3 backer sets consistently.

McCloud has a world of talent as a big guy athlete, but unless he can overtake Pinckney/Quarterman I'm not sure he should schematically be out there more than 30 or 40% of the snaps.

The dbs, specifically the cbs(malek) had a bad game earlier on. Mccloud was really bad against uva too

Clemson has everything you stated they won 1 on 1 battles with, the question will be can Kelly Bryant play like Benkhart

Has anyone seen anything from him this year to confidently answer "Yes" to that question?

While I haven't followed Clemson closely, the answer seems to be a clear NO

Advertisement
Dang, Visions the only thing more impressive than the uva coaching is your work here. The way you dissect and write, I can’t figure out if you are a coach, an attorney or a surgeon. So, with the help of refs letting hold all day, we got out coach and out played BUT not enough to make up for just being better than them.

This is a game Mark losses at uga but not at Miami. I take this as great sign that he is good enough to win several NCs here, the good coach Howard said we needed. I feel great about team and future. We are nowhere near as good as we can get. That is scary for everyone else.

I am concerned that Clempsun will come out with a similar gameplan to take advantage of our LB's. They have a short passing game and are well suited to exploit our LB's badly. Manny needs to come up with something to counter it, maybe using Carter instead of Mcloud.

Clemson has everything you stated they won 1 on 1 battles with, the question will be can Kelly Bryant play like Benkhart

Has anyone seen anything from him this year to confidently answer "Yes" to that question?

Bryant is pretty good with the short passing game that UVA used. He has struggled as of late to pass the ball downfield.

This game shouldn't have been close in my mind. Manny got outcoached for the first time in awhile. (shouldn't be shocking - Bronco worked him over at Texas too)

I'm so sick of watching McCloud try to cover while Bandy watches from sideline.

Lots of people on McCloud and with reason. Does anyone else here think we will be happy he is in there when Bama tries to crush us with beef running downhill?

Advertisement

Bryant is pretty good with the short passing game that UVA used. He has struggled as of late to pass the ball downfield.

But is Bryant executing full field reads to find the one soft spot in the defense to succeed in the short passing game? Because that's a big part of what it took for Benkert to play how he did against us. He was scanning the field in a very precise and efficient manner

But is Bryant executing full field reads to find the one soft spot in the defense to succeed in the short passing game? Because that's a big part of what it took for Benkert to play how he did against us. He was scanning the field in a very precise and efficient manner

I feel ya. I highly doubt Bryant will ball like Benkert (who will?) but he can ball. I hope the human aneurysm Will Muschamp can beat him up a bit this week and mess with his confidence even more. The aneurysm can coach some D.

Great write up, thx. Our OL's lack of physicality is what puts us behind the best teams. Unfortunately, I think that truly gets exposed next week.

On the Bandy non-PI call, I think it helped that he turned his head around. Refs are way more likely to let it play out when the head is around.

Donaldson got pushed around a little, but to be expected from a true frosh in the trenches. The rest of them have no excuse. Have to be better.

The timing of the onsides kick by Bronco was beautiful. Great call in that spot.

We have stayed relatively healthy. Let's get in and out of Pitt with no injuries.

I was never a jersey guy, but I might have to buy a number 8 for the Clemson game.

Advertisement
On the Bandy non-PI call, I think it helped that he turned his head around. Refs are way more likely to let it play out when the head is around.

Donaldson got pushed around a little, but to be expected from a true frosh in the trenches. The rest of them have no excuse. Have to be better.

The timing of the onsides kick by Bronco was beautiful. Great call in that spot.

We have stayed relatively healthy. Let's get in and out of Pitt with no injuries.

I was never a jersey guy, but I might have to buy a number 8 for the Clemson game.

Thought it was ridiculous that the announcers harped on the non-PI call on the Bandy play and yet said absolutely nothing about the obvious PI on UVA's first pick

has anyone seen anything like that from Benkhart before he torched us?

smh...think b4 u post brah

Our short yardage offense is 100% going to cost us in the post season. Especially in the red zone. Our interior gets annihilated every time...

Advertisement
Our short yardage offense is 100% going to cost us in the post season. Especially in the red zone. Our interior gets annihilated every time...

Richt goes brain dead in the red zone.

Right.....

RANK TEAM G RZATT RZ RUSH TD RZ PASS TD RZ FG MADE RZSCORES PCT
1 Georgia 11 41 20 10 10 40 .976
- Arizona St. 11 41 22 8 10 40 .976
3 FIU 10 29 11 10 7 28 .966
4 Florida 10 28 12 6 9 27 .964
- Wyoming 11 28 11 8 8 27 .964
6 Fla. Atlantic 11 48 32 6 8 46 .958
7 Ole Miss 11 42 12 12 16 40 .952
8 Kentucky 11 36 17 5 12 34 .944
9 Northwestern 11 47 21 13 10 44 .936
- Wake Forest 11 47 15 15 14 44 .936
11 Kansas 11 31 8 9 12 29 .935
12 Notre Dame 11 43 24 10 6 40 .930
13 Ohio 11 56 31 14 7 52 .929
14 Miami (FL) 10 40 11 13 13 37 .925
- Louisiana 10 40 20 10 7 37 .925

has anyone seen anything like that from Benkhart before he torched us?

smh...think b4 u post brah

Whatever you say, my lady

Advertisement
Back