Fig remind anybody of DJ Williams?

DJ Williams was said to be ready for the pros out of high school. There's not a person in college football like that.

Lulz, and couldnt crack the lineup when he got here and was put at FB. That was a dumb @ss quote by Madden.

Advertisement
He's immediately one of our most athletic linebackers.

Gaines, Perryman et al are a little too stout and thick for my liking - great against the run, but it hurts their range. Hopefully Figatron is the type of LB we start recruiting in the future.

I think Perryman has shown some pretty good range dropping back in pass coverage. He got his hands on multiple passes Friday night.

All I know is every time he hit somebody and did that salute I kept having flash backs of Michael Barrow...

man this kid is going to be a beast...and he has very good instincts...

Advertisement
Honestly the best body comparison and style is Jessie Armstead. Tall beastly OLB that can run. Barrow is shorter and a mike. And DJ was a little stockier.

I don't like making comparisons of legends to a redshirt freshman. It's silly but if we are gonna do it, lets do it right.

I will be glad with Figs being Figs. DJ Williams was special and could have played RB for us as well had we not been loaded.

Advertisement
Honestly the best body comparison and style is Jessie Armstead. Tall beastly OLB that can run. Barrow is shorter and a mike. And DJ was a little stockier.

I don't like making comparisons of legends to a redshirt freshman. It's silly but if we are gonna do it, lets do it right.

Jessie came in here at about 190 pounds. He looked like a CB playing LB as a freshmans. Even back then when dudes weren't as big he stood out as being SUPER skinny.

Advertisement
DJ Williams was said to be ready for the pros out of high school. There's not a person in college football like that.

DJ was probably over-hyped coming out of high school. One recruiting guru (not sure which one, but I definitely recall the remarks pretty well) called him the best kid to come out of high school in years at any position. The same guru also said that if DJ were being recruited as a running back, he would still be the top-rated recruit in the country. A few weeks into fall practice, it became clear that he was only the second best true freshman linebacker on the team. None of this is meant as a knock on DJ, who had a fine career in college and, later, in the pros. Maybe it is more a knock on recruiting hype.

He's immediately one of our most athletic linebackers.

Gaines, Perryman et al are a little too stout and thick for my liking - great against the run, but it hurts their range. Hopefully Figatron is the type of LB we start recruiting in the future.

I think Perryman has shown some pretty good range dropping back in pass coverage. He got his hands on multiple passes Friday night.

^^^This

Lulz, and couldnt crack the lineup when he got here and was put at FB. That was a dumb @ss quote by Madden.

Both DJ Williams and Dan Morgan started out here as running backs. Butch saw something in Morgan and moved him to LB. DJ's was due to the large number of LB's on the roster. His sophomore year he was moved back to LB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back