FHSAA Championships: Who ya got?

FUGators FUNoles

Pronounced Eff Yoo
Like to see Central, The West and Booker T win championships.

Feel like MNW should be in good shape, but MC and BTW will have their hands full based on semifinal results.

Also will be pulling for Apopka and Orlando Edgewater in 8A and 7A.

Any thoughts and predictions on these five matchups in Daytona?

Advertisement
I expect only Columbus and maybe BTW to be closer games.

Columbus needs to ride Parrish in this game...Columbus lost to USCHOOL this year but then just beat one of the most loaded teams in the state last week. I don't know what Apopka has other than that DT. Columbus has played a gauntlet schedule already though.

BTW doesn't really have the depth they usually do. They still have a lot of speed and some exceptional players but they could be had if Bolles has an offense. Bolles and BTW done faced off so much in this game.

Good info gogeta.

Booker T has faced a rugged road to Daytona Stadium: Carol City, a far better than usual Gulliver team, Cardinal Gibbons and unbeaten St. Pete Lakewood. Those last three games were on the road.

From what I've read, Booker T's lineup is filled with underclassmen and the Tornadoes will likely be better in 2020.

Is that correct?

Advertisement
Booker t pulled it out tonight. Jacorey Brooks had like 14 catches and they had to come from behind but got the state title.
Unbelievably gritty 'W' for the Tornadoes, pretty much like their previous three games in this playoff run.

Down 21-10 going into the 4th quarter tonight but just kept diggin' and diggin' and finally overtook Bolles with about 2 minutes to play.

Cool fact: Miami-Dade Public Schools teams have won 14 consecutive state championship games since 2012.

Hopefully Central and Northwestern can keep the streak alive through 2019.

I expect only Columbus and maybe BTW to be closer games.

Columbus needs to ride Parrish in this game...Columbus lost to USCHOOL this year but then just beat one of the most loaded teams in the state last week. I don't know what Apopka has other than that DT. Columbus has played a gauntlet schedule already though.

BTW doesn't really have the depth they usually do. They still have a lot of speed and some exceptional players but they could be had if Bolles has an offense. Bolles and BTW done faced off so much in this game.
Spoke has a stick! They will run the ball 96% of the time. They play for the 4th quarter.They have some big fast and strong linemen. Don't sleep on Apoka.

Advertisement
Back