Tonight
Class 4A: Cardinal Gibbons vs. Cocoa, 7 PM

Friday
Class 5A: Miami Central vs. Merritt Island, 1 PM
Class 7A: Tampa Bay Tech vs. St. Thomas Aquinas, 7 PM

Saturday
Class 8A: Venice vs. Apopka, 1 PM
Class 6A: Pensacola Pine Forest vs. Tampa Jesuit, 7 PM

This year's championships are in Fort Lauderdale after one year at the stadium in Daytona, where there were a lot of logistical problems unfortunately. Didn't even know FTL had this kind of venue after they tore down Lockhart Stadium a few years ago.

Any UM prospects — Class of 2022 or otherwise — to check out?

Here's to Central and Pine Forest winning states and Gibbons, STA and Jesuit getting beat 🍻

Advertisement
Lockhart stadium didn’t get torn down. It was completely redone by the David Beckham group for the Miami soccer team.
Thanks for the info.

I keep up with Leeds and to a lesser extent the EPL, but I don't know the first thing about MLS.

The championships are at something called DMV Pink Stadium. Is that the fixed up Lockhart Stadium or something else?

Advertisement
Thanks for the info.

I keep up with Leeds and to a lesser extent the EPL, but I don't know the first thing about MLS.

The championships are at something called DMV Pink Stadium. Is that the fixed up Lockhart Stadium or something else?
That’s the place. I really don’t know much about soccer but I know after getting the run around for years from the Dade county government, Beckham finally gave up and decided to play in Fort Lauderdale, at least temporarily

That’s the place. I really don’t know much about soccer but I know after getting the run around for years from the Dade county government, Beckham finally gave up and decided to play in Fort Lauderdale, at least temporarily
Episode 4 Mic GIF by E4

Advertisement
Let's go Apopka!
One of my buddies is from up the road in Sarasota.

FWIW, he said Venice has never had a team close to this good.

It does seem like either Apopka or now that new school they built south of there is in the hunt most years.

Advertisement
Here tonight watching Gibbons and Cocoa. Moten looks like a player, the other 2 games I've been to Mason Thomas popped so much I didn't really pay attention to Moten but he has mad several TFL's tonight. Needs to get in better shape but has potential for sure.
Cocoa has some ballers on defense, 99 looks legit as ****. CG can't block him at all.

Here tonight watching Gibbons and Cocoa. Moten looks like a player, the other 2 games I've been to Mason Thomas popped so much I didn't really pay attention to Moten but he has mad several TFL's tonight. Needs to get in better shape but has potential for sure.
Cocoa has some ballers on defense, 99 looks legit as ****. CG can't block him at all.
Score?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back