FGCU

Would be nice to beat UVA 2 of 3 but not a must. Team is most likely a 3 seed yu don't want to play or a 2 seed.

Advertisement
I don't mean to over-analyze and be "that guy" but the worse records against Q1 opponents in the top 40 on that site are the Gators (6-10) and the Canes (4-8).

I don't mean to over-analyze and be "that guy" but the worse records against Q1 opponents in the top 40 on that site are the Gators (6-10) and the Canes (4-8).

Outside of FIU, FGCU, and BCC, every game we play will be against a top-100 RPI team. Keep in mind the RPIs of power conferences teams rise as the season goes on and everyone plays each other. We have plenty of opportunities in front of us.

Baseball America just projected us as a #3 seed in LSU's Regional as of 4/10. We're a tourney team as of today, but we dont have much room for error.

We need to finish at least .500 in ACC play, and take care of business in the midweek games. Do that and the RPI will take care of itself.

I agree. I felt that was a noteworthy stat as others earlier in the thread were crying wolf with 40% of the season gone and all hope had been lost. Now here we are just weeks later and our hitting has sustained itself, and JD is getting a handle on who can pitch when and how long.
Gino's class may be in session, but his grades have slowly climbed as the wins have come lately.

We will make the tournament. We just need to continue to improve. We are so young still. It is encouraging to know that we have players like Escala, Quinones, and Cloonan on the bench, knowing they were solid for us last year and available if called upon.

Advertisement
Tony is slowly developing. Showing signs.

Looks like Gino will keep letting Del catch midweek. Defense might improve overall with Jenkins in the OF and Del at C full-time. Amditis is the better catcher but Rivera and Del in the corners feels shaky.

Lala LF
Vilar 2B
Zamora SS
Del C
Gil 3B
Gates DH
Toral 1B
Rivera RF
Jenkins CF

Looks like Gino will keep letting Del catch midweek. Defense might improve overall with Jenkins in the OF and Del at C full-time. Amditis is the better catcher but Rivera and Del in the corners feels shaky.

Lala LF
Vilar 2B
Zamora SS
Del C
Gil 3B
Gates DH
Toral 1B
Rivera RF
Jenkins CF

Agree. And if Zamora can improve defensively, that looks like it probably will be our Opening Day lineup next season.

I believe Amditis will get drafted and leave

Advertisement
If Del Castillo can learn to be serviceable in OF, so can Zamora.

Anyone who thinks corner OF is difficult to learn has never played the game at any level. It's difficult to play well, sure. It's not difficult to play at a servicable level.
I played HS ss , 2b and LF. Learning the out field was super easy, just have to have the ability to judge the ball quick off the bat, easy to learn. Middle IF is way more complex. For the idiot who thinks it is just about throwing the ball 120 feet, we already know his baseball IQ is 0.

Advertisement

You’re just like the other frontrunners. You show up after we beat Pitt and FGCU. You’re nowhere to be found when we’re losing six straight.

You’re just like the other frontrunners. You show up after we beat Pitt and FGCU. You’re nowhere to be found when we’re losing six straight.
Yes I was hockey player, and we are not a frontrunner. Geez you are such a douche. Ps , get the message. A bunch of us are telling you the same thing. Get counseling.

Advertisement
Yes I was hockey player, and we are not a frontrunner. Geez you are such a douche. Ps , get the message. A bunch of us are telling you the same thing. Get counseling.

I just want to know why the board basically goes dark when we're losing. Where do you people go?

Advertisement
Back