FGCU

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
Tuesday 6pm in Coral Gables
Wednesday night in Ft. Myers

Assuming we'll throw Slade on Tuesday at home and attempt to preserve the bullpen for Wednesday.

Just my opinion but sticking with Amditis at catcher, Del in RF, Gates at DH is what's best moving forward. Del has caught Slade the last few outings which has led to a diminished lineup with Jenkins in the OF. Amditis has been injury prone so it's a reasonable strategy to stagger his starts but eliminating his bat in favor of Jenkins is a detriment.

Advertisement
FGCU has an important conference series this weekend, so I doubt they will try to run a weekend starter out there. We will likely get to feast on a really weak bullpen.

Rok-

I don't think Amditis' history of injuries should be a factor in his playing time.

It's just one theory for the platoon, along with Slade preferring Del behind the plate, but Del should be allowed to become comfortable in RF. Gino may also like Jenkins and thinks he can help, but Tony hasn't done much to deserve more time. Whatever the case, we have something with Gates at DH and Del in RF and should stick with it.

Advertisement
Beating FGCU twice will be difficult because UM will focus on Virginia. They will use Federman and Veliz in one of the games, but not both. We will probably beat UVA twice. They have yet to face pitching comparable to ours. Hopefully, we maintain our full concentration during the entire series.

Spoke with a scout at the game on Saturday. He said "I hate Zamora's fielding. He holds the ball for a second or two every time that he fields it. When it is a close play, he has no muscle memory. It will hurt his draft position because scouts discuss it often."

Spoke with a scout at the game on Saturday. He said "I hate Zamora's fielding. He holds the ball for a second or two every time that he fields it. When it is a close play, he has no muscle memory. It will hurt his draft position because scouts discuss it often."

But according to you one week ago, fielding doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Tuesday 6pm in Coral Gables
Wednesday night in Ft. Myers

Assuming we'll throw Slade on Tuesday at home and attempt to preserve the bullpen for Wednesday.

Just my opinion but sticking with Amditis at catcher, Del in RF, Gates at DH is what's best moving forward. Del has caught Slade the last few outings which has led to a diminished lineup with Jenkins in the OF. Amditis has been injury prone so it's a reasonable strategy to stagger his starts but eliminating his bat in favor of Jenkins is a detriment.
Guessing Keysor will be the other starter again since he didn’t pitch this weekend, although I suppose the same could be said of Gates. I’d rather give Cloonan another look instead of seeing Jenkins again.

Beating FGCU twice will be difficult because UM will focus on Virginia. They will use Federman and Veliz in one of the games, but not both. We will probably beat UVA twice. They have yet to face pitching comparable to ours. Hopefully, we maintain our full concentration during the entire series.

He needs to move to either 2B (switch with Vilar, who was a HS SS), or OF. He'd probably be solid in RF if he spent the offseason learning the position.

As for FGCU, we better be focused, because they have a really solid team, and probably are on par with FAU in talent. Good news is we shouldnt have to face their 2 stud pitchers, Strock and Studsill (remember him?).

Going at least 3-2 is a must this week, hopefully we can go 4-1.

It's just one theory for the platoon, along with Slade preferring Del behind the plate, but Del should be allowed to become comfortable in RF. Gino may also like Jenkins and thinks he can help, but Tony hasn't done much to deserve more time. Whatever the case, we have something with Gates at DH and Del in RF and should stick with it.

I agree with keeping Amditis at Catcher.

At this point I'd rotate Rivera and Jenkins in the OF until one of them steps up and shows some consistency.

Tonight will likely get PPD.

Both teams have an open date next Wed April 16, and FGCU is scheduled to play here on Tues April 15.

Advertisement
Tonight will likely get PPD.

Both teams have an open date next Wed April 16, and FGCU is scheduled to play here on Tues April 15.

They have a Thurs-Sat series next weekend. I doubt they would want to play five straight nights with a conference series on the back end.

Tuesday April 23 makes more sense. Miami is home vs FIU April 24. FGCU is home against USF April 24 after 3 days off with their JU series ending Saturday 4/20.

Advertisement
Makes no sense that they didn't call this one hours ago. Forecast says tstorms the next few hours.

I’m sitting here and they are playing. Just spinkels.

1st inning is a perfect example about why fielding % doesn’t matter. Hard hit ball and Gil should have had it. He didn’t. Not an error. A triple and single later it’s 2-0 FGC

Advertisement
Back