Few takeaways from Canes Hoops exhibition

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not much to takeaway from the game. TCNJ would lose to good high school teams.

But George looks the part. I was also impressed with Jakai's effort.

I think we will be very good this year.

But will the computers like us 🤣🤣🤣….. I keeed I keeed, I like our truce (still think kenpom is flawed and doesn’t merit the attention it gets tho lol).

Not much one can really takeaway or nitpick about in a 57-point blowout win against a D3 team, but here goes:

-Miami shot the **** out the ball, especially early on. As expected, guard play will be stout and deep.
-Norchad looks much improved. I think he took his NBA draft eval to heart. Looked much more comfortable in the open court with the ball and on the perimeter. Excited to see what this season brings from him.
-Newcomers stood out, particularly George and Cleveland. From what I saw, no question they're going to be intregal parts this season.
-Compliments to the S&C staff. Freshmen look a lot better physically than they did a few months ago.
-Thought Casey looked better than Nwoko, but considering Casey was still in the game playing junk minutes looks like Nwoko has the early lead in the pecking order.

10-deep Pecking order:
-Forwards: Norchad, Campbell, Nwoko & Casey
-Guards: Pack, Wooga, Joseph, George, Watson & Robinson

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
A few observations from Miami's exhibition win over TCNJ.

Nice write up @Peter Ariz. I’m really interested to see how long we do the Pack/Beverly starting backcourt. It seems like we’d be too small, but there is something to “dictating” the pace/game instead of changing for the opponent.

We’ll see

I’ve been singing this same song since seeing him okay in the under 18 game against the US team, but Michael Nwoko will be impactful this season. He is strong and aggressive, has a jump hook already with either hand and is a good free throw shooter. He also tries to dunk anything near the basket.
We have a real bench with him, George, Casey and Watson.
I’ve never seen L does this but he could almost run these 4 and 1 more as a true 2nd unIt.

Advertisement
Nice write up @Peter Ariz. I’m really interested to see how long we do the Pack/Beverly starting backcourt. It seems like we’d be too small, but there is something to “dictating” the pace/game instead of changing for the opponent.

We’ll see
Beverly? Like Harlond Beverly that's at Wichita St? Like are you living in another time capsule? :LOL:

GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:
Advertisement
This squad is shaping up to be the best team we’ve ever had and that’s saying something because the last 2 teams were special. Coach L went out and got him some depth and it looks like it’s going to pay off big time. L looking like he’s going to try and win a Natty before he retires. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy and an even better leader of young men. In Coach L
I trust!! I’m pumped and ready to watch this team ball out once again this year!

Let’s Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Back