Few 247 Updates

Fact: With where Miami is located, any class and I mean any class can be special. 2015 might even be considered a down year in talent and there's still enough to make it top ten in the nation. It's just a matter of actually locking down the talent.

This.

I started following recruiting a little later in the game in 08 - but this is said about Miami every single year 100% of the time. Now what you do see is certain positions be stronger. Typically those are skill & speed positions such as RB, CB, WR, S.

The money question is how many of those elite top tier skill positions are we gonna bring in.

My take is that we have been landing about 1/3 to 1/4 of the players we could/should be.

There have been a couple nice seasons on the o-line and d-line recently (imagine if Bosa played here) but Miami is known for its speed positions. Makes one wonder why we don't play to that style on offense or defense.

Advertisement
Guy that sits next to me at work went to Ohio state - we are always talkin college FB. I tell him I am mad that miami plays defense like a big 10 school. He says no - Ohio state does not play that defense.

He says Miami plays defense like a school that does not have a lot of athletes and speed. He says we don't give up huge plays but they can constantly dink and dunk on our defense ultimately wearing the d down and just causing bad morale by constantly giving up 3rd down conversions etc. His thought was that he'd rather give up a big play once or twice a game if it meant that we were playing a defensive style that was creating big plays of thier own.

They said the same thing about this clsss

Does Rasul have a legit chance at coming to UM? Would love to see us go after speed like that.

Legit chance? Yes.

BUT, his dream school always been LSU.

TIFWIW someone mentioned here that at the Miami vs FSU game he was openly rooting against Miami.

Regardless of being right in our backyard at Coral Gables High School. Gonna be far from an easy pull I'll tell you that.

Yearby being his cousin is interesting though, never guarantees anything at the end of the day though.

Per Keith Neibuhr of 247 Snelson just named FSU his #1

FWIW, Despite his decommitment. Miami is still in it for Snelson.

This poor season we had scared him away to go along with peer pressure but make no mistake. Snelson has always liked Miami, went out of his own way to commit to Miami.

Yearby being his uncle obviously plays a factor but as I said. Does not make any guarantees.

Miami does their job and win games. That's when you get to keep a kid like Snelson committed.

Not too many people know this but Snelson is originally from Miami and attended Booker T Washington as a freshman.

His recruitment is far from over and Miami can very well jump back in the drivers seat, but that's up to Golden and Miami doing what needs to be done on the field.

Does Rasul have a legit chance at coming to UM? Would love to see us go after speed like that.

Legit chance? Yes.

TIFWIW someone mentioned here that at the Miami vs FSU game he was openly rooting against Miami.

Regardless of being right in our backyard at Coral Gables High School. Gonna be far from an easy pull I'll tell you that.

Yearby being his cousin is interesting though, never guarantees anything at the end of the day though.

Lot of talent in that family.

Advertisement

Legit chance? Yes.

Lot of talent in that family.

IMO they could rival Dalvins family.

Yearby, Snelson & Rasul

vs

DeAndre, Dalvin, Anthony & James

This poor season we had scared him away to go along with peer pressure but make no mistake. Snelson has always liked Miami, went out of his own way to commit to Miami.

Yearby being his uncle obviously plays a factor but as I said. Does not make any guarantees.

Miami does their job and win games. That's when you get to keep a kid like Snelson committed.

Not too many people know this but Snelson is originally from Miami and attended Booker T Washington as a freshman.

His recruitment is far from over and Miami can very well jump back in the drivers seat, but that's up to Golden and Miami doing what needs to be done on the field.

How many kids recommitted after dropping? I think Mike Wyche is the only player to do so under Al Golden. Snelson will be headed elsewhere

How many kids recommitted after dropping? I think Mike Wyche is the only player to do so under Al Golden. Snelson will be headed elsewhere

If we had won the ball games we should have won and were even a remotely competitive, competent team. Snelson would still be committed.

I do agree though, 'cause it's like praying for a miracle for Golden and company to get this thing right.

We start winning ball games and do what Miami is supposed to do, he will come.

As for recommitments only ones I can recall in recent memory.... Wyche, Buchanon, and Van Dyke. Only one under Golden was Wyche.

As for the others mentioned in the op.

Still don't think Green comes. USC.

Johnson will be down to Miami and VT. FSU has guys higher on their board than him. Comes from same school Jayron Hosley came from.

Wright, that offer was long overdue. Grew up best friends with Mullins and Robert Burns from '17. Also grew up a Cane fan. Watch out for ohio state here but I expect him to be headed to Miami.

"Pie" Young a kid I've mentioned a lot on here and is a must land. Dynamic where he can play just about anywhere from RB,WR, CB, S, KR and PR. TD Machine too. Andre has visited this kid before as Andre is from Miami High so I am sure he is in his ear.

Advertisement
A wr class that consist of Mullins, Bruce, Newbold and Keyshawn Pie would be a nasty pull of youngrasshoppers!

Don't forget Ahmmon.

Pinder! And Marcus Johnson

**** what we need to do is keep Snelson home, that one will sting if he gets way.

Advertisement
Back