Few 247 Updates

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
Rasheem Green;
http://247sports.com/Article/5-Star-DT-Rasheem-Green-Growing-Tired-of-Recruiting-Process-34475952

- Will probably make his mind up before Signing Day
- USC recruiting him hardest
- On USC; “They have a nice class coming along,” Green said of USC. “It seems like the future is bright.”
- On Ariz ST; “Their (recruiting class) is really nice,” Green said of the Sun Devils. “I like what they have to offer their student-athletes.”
- On Oregon; “I just like what they have there,” Green said of Oregon. “I like their coaching staff. I like what they have to offer their student-athletes.
- On UM; "I like the players (at Miami). I like the school. It’s also a good school to go to. I think the future is bright over there.”
- Believes all Head Coaches will do in-homes with him

Shelton Johnson;
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DE-Shelton-Johnson-Talks-Finalists-Official-Visits-34497742

- “It’s all even, Florida State, Miami, and Virginia Tech,” Johnson said. “I already had home visits with defensive coaches from each one. I think they’ll be back with the head coaches after the dead period is over. After that and my official visits, I can finally make up my mind.”
- His Officials will be Miami on January 23rd and Florida State on January 30th. It’s unclear though how much impact those might have since he admitted one program has an edge.
- “I have been building good relationships with the coaches at each school,” Johnson said. “They say most of the same things so I already have a pretty good idea of everything in my mind. I have a school of choice where I’m going but we’ll see if anything changes that.”
- On VT visit; “It was pretty good, a peaceful place with not a lot happening most of the time,” Johnson said. “Life is a little more simple there and I enjoyed it other than the cold. I didn’t expect it to be like that so it threw me off at first. Everything else was basically what I expected it would be.”
- On UM/Franklin “It’s all good because Coach Franklin always makes sure we’re communicating,” Johnson said. “He tries to see what’s going on so I fill him in. I talk about school, how the family has been doing, just the every day stuff.”
- On UM again; “Well I can come up with a few reasons but one is just the name of the program,” Johnson said. “I know everything I need to and want to about them. I know I would get a good education there and it’s also close to home. I want my family to be able to come watch me play whenever they get the chance.”
- Has unofficially visite UM twice

Cedrick Wright;
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Local-2016-DB-Cedrick-Wright-Reacts-to-Miami-Offer-34437888

- “Coach Baez is really close with my dad so he found out even before me,” Wright laughed. “My dad told me and then I called back after to hear it myself. Growing up in Miami and always seeing their team, I felt like ‘wow’. Now they really want me to play there and help their team get better. It seems as if I achieved so much.”
- On team mate Dionte Mullins commitment; “It’s very big because it’s me, him, and our defensive end Joseph Jackson,” Wright said. “We want to play together and anywhere we commit, we might all go. We’re all super cool, like a package deal. Dionte went ahead and did it a little early but we weren’t too mad at him for that. We still plan on staying together as a group.”
- Been enjoying the process focusing on getting good grades and working out everyday.
- Plans on making a decision pretty soon too, before spring football or maybe at The Opening.
- Nicknamed by team mates as "Little Honey Badger" idolises Honey Badger and Joyner.

Amir Rasul;
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Local-Speedy-2016-RB-Amir-Rasul-Talks-Early-Offers-34466300

- Ranks tied for the top 100 meter time for his age group in the country with a best of 10.44. Rasul also has the third best time nationally in his age group in the 100 meters with a best time of 21.12.
- Posted a 4.6 laser timed 40 at the amber combine in 44 degree heat
- On WVU; “I think their running backs coach does a good job and he can mentor me,” Rasul said. “I think I could fit in their offense with the speed that I have. I feel like they are a good fit for me with what I can do.”
- On South Carolina;“Marcus Lattimore is one of my favorite running backs,” Rasul said. “I always followed him. Even though he got hurt, he is one of the best running backs in my opinion.”
- On UM; “I like Miami a lot,” Rasul said. “I like their coaching staff and they make you feel at home. They have a young quarterback and they are young across the board. They just need some more time to develop and they will get there.”
- Cousins with Yearby; “The last time I saw him, he told me that he loves it there,” Rasul said. “He has great things to say and I guess everything is going his way.”
- He will take both track and football into consideration in his decision but admits a driving factor will be how comfortable he feels on the football field.

Keyshawn ‘Pie’ Young
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...Young-Is-One-Of-Dades-Top-Playmakers-34500544

- Hurricanes were the first school to offer Young after he earned the wide receiver MVP award at a summer camp session this past year. “They liked how I performed during one-on-ones,” Young said. “I attacked every ball and went hard during every rep. Nobody could touch me and I out-jumped everybody that was there.”
- Building a relationship with James Coley; “I have talked a lot with coach Coley,” Young said. “He is funny about talking about Miami High with me. He calls is Sting-town and we joke about going to the same school in the 305. He is pretty chill and laid back. He is fun to be around. He tells me that if I played for him he would get the ball a lot to me and that he wants to see the ball in my hands.”
- Went to UM v FSU game; Enjoyed it thought Miami should have won
- On UM's direction; “It is going to take time, but it is coming,” Young said. “They are going to get it back to the old Miami. They are getting more South Florida recruits and more people are starting to like them again. They have a good quarterback that is young. I like knowing that he would be the quarterback there if I was to go there.”
- Where Miami stands; “I like Miami a lot,” Young said. “It is my hometown. I feel like if I was to go somewhere else, it would let my family down and my team down.”
- On Bama; “I want to play like Amari Cooper,” Young said. “I feel like I can do the same things he can do. We come from the same place because he comes from Miami also. I feel like he is one of the hardest workers in football and that is what makes him special. I went over to Miami Northwestern to do a couple of drills with him. Watching him work like that makes me want to keep working hard and be more of a leader like he is.”

enjoy folks :neonu:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Had no idea Yearby and Rasul were family.

Good athletic bloodline. Yearby, Snelson & Rasul

Advertisement
Keyshawn "Pie" Young is a stud.. He led Dade county Wr's in TD's this season i believe.. He had 5 Td's in one game this season. He strikes at every angle . Receiving, running, throwing and special teams. I am excited for the 2016 WR class in south Florida.. Easily my favorite WR (Newbold is up there as well).

A wr class that consist of Mullins, Bruce, Newbold and Keyshawn Pie would be a nasty pull of youngrasshoppers!

Advertisement
They said the same thing about this clsss

Nah, 2016 is different. 2015 class was loaded at DB but not as stacked in other positions. 2016 has depth everywhere. Some serious talent, especially at WR.

Does Rasul have a legit chance at coming to UM? Would love to see us go after speed like that.

Fact: With where Miami is located, any class and I mean any class can be special. 2015 might even be considered a down year in talent and there's still enough to make it top ten in the nation. It's just a matter of actually locking down the talent.

Per Keith Neibuhr of 247 Snelson just named FSU his #1

Jesus, is FSU going to run like 7 WR sets? How can these kids possibly think there are going to be enough passes to go around? Especially with no proven QBs on the roster.

that'll change once FSU comes back down to earth w/o Winston. We just gotta do our part and win on the field and Snelson will be back...or lose on the field and hire back Butch Davis to rebuild this broken fence.

Per Keith Neibuhr of 247 Snelson just named FSU his #1

Jesus, is FSU going to run like 7 WR sets? How can these kids possibly think there are going to be enough passes to go around? Especially with no proven QBs on the roster.

that'll change once FSU comes back down to earth w/o Winston. We just gotta do our part and win on the field and Snelson will be back...or lose on the field and hire back Butch Davis to rebuild this broken fence.

Define "come back down to earth". FSU won ACC before Jameis.

Advertisement
Back