Feldman on Goldens

theibisrules

Senior
Feldman on Goldens

A school not on that list facing possible coaching changes is Miami, as the UM fan base and its legion of vocal former Cane players sound like they've had enough of Al Golden. UM showed a lot of positives last week against defending national champion FSU, but then turned around and got mauled on the road against a mediocre UVA team, 30-13. It was UM's fourth road loss this season by double digits and third against an unranked opponent. The performance adds more doubt to whether Golden will ever get UM turned around.

Some more numbers, these from Miami Herald writer Barry Jackson, paint an even more grim picture of Golden: UM has now been outscored 167 to 59 in the second half of its past nine losses, and against teams from the Power 5 conferences, UM is 18-19 under Golden.

That said, I was told a few weeks ago with Miami's administration changing as Donna Shalala moves on, the school didn't want to make any move on Golden this year, especially because it liked how he handled the Nevin Shapiro mess. Would Golden, who sources told me tried hard to get out of UM last winter for the Penn State job, try and move this winter even if he isn't let go by Miami? My hunch is yes, but who knows if he is marketable enough. I figured Virginia was an option, but after getting blown out by the 4-6 Cavaliers, Golden, a former UVA assistant, might be a very tough sell there.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

suck on that you qu33r a$$ folden slurpers

Advertisement
17069a1e50282ac41eaf9b64413d79aa754f0f29492859080b81639ba274dc20.jpg

Advertisement
Back