Feeling nervous about a low-spread road night game.

Advertisement
Here's my thoughts...

There's no doubt all of the elements of a trap game are there: Miami coming off emotional hard fought FSU game; UVA off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare; night game in the Ville with crowd sure to be pumped up; Canes freshman QB making first road start; UVA with a dual-threat QB which we historically struggle with. BUT...

Our defensive front 7 is absolutely feasting right now! I think UVA's o-line (which isn't very good) is going to struggle mightily to handle the rush. I think Manny is smart enough to put a spy on their QB and not let his legs kill us. Their QB who played like Joe f'ing Montana in that first half last year is gone and the new kid can't throw nearly as well. Assuming we contain the QB, I don't see the weapons on their roster offensively to trouble us. Meanwhile, they simply don't have the horses to run with our skill guys for 4 quarters. As long as we execute and don't shoot ourselves in the foot I think we should move the ball and score rather easily (even though I'm aware the Hoos D has put up decent numbers; they haven't faced an offense like ours). I don't think they'll be able to score back in the same amount vs our D.

Lastly, a couple of the times we have lost to UVA or come close to, it seemed to have been an opponent we overlooked somewhat. I don't think that happens at all Saturday night. I truly believe this team came together at halftime during Jaquan's speech and played fantastic ball in that second half vs FSU. I think they will be focused as **** on Saturday, ****ed that FSU almost beat us rather than us blowing them out when it seemed like this year presented a chance for us to, and will be playing with fire in their bellies Saturday with a point to prove.

Put it all together and I legitimately think we roll.

Here's my thoughts...

There's no doubt all of the elements of a trap game are there: Miami coming off emotional hard fought FSU game; UVA off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare; night game in the Ville with crowd sure to be pumped up; Canes freshman QB making first road start; UVA with a dual-threat QB which we historically struggle with. BUT...

Our defensive front 7 is absolutely feasting right now! I think UVA's o-line (which isn't very good) is going to struggle mightily to handle the rush. I think Manny is smart enough to put a spy on their QB and not let his legs kill us. Their QB who played like Joe f'ing Montana in that first half last year is gone and the new kid can't throw nearly as well. Assuming we contain the QB, I don't see the weapons on their roster offensively to trouble us. Meanwhile, they simply don't have the horses to run with our skill guys for 4 quarters. As long as we execute and don't shoot ourselves in the foot I think we should move the ball and score rather easily (even though I'm aware the Hoos D has put up decent numbers; they haven't faced an offense like ours). I don't think they'll be able to score back in the same amount vs our D.

Lastly, a couple of the times we have lost to UVA or come close to, it seemed to have been an opponent we overlooked somewhat. I don't think that happens at all Saturday night. I truly believe this team came together at halftime during Jaquan's speech and played fantastic ball in that second half vs FSU. I think they will be focused as **** on Saturday, ****ed that FSU almost beat us rather than us blowing them out when it seemed like this year presented a chance for us to, and will be playing with fire in their bellies Saturday with a point to prove.

Put it all together and I legitimately think we roll.

I suspect you missed the point.

We

0d87fb2b-they-see-me-rollin.gif

Advertisement
Its gonna be a beat down UVA does not have the kind of team that is going to give us problems. We struggle with athletic fronts and QB's who can expose the gaps that diaz leaves in our defense neither of which apply to UVA. We are going to get after Perkins on defense and offensively i feel perry is going to have his best game yet. 35-10 Canes

Advertisement
Its gonna be a beat down UVA does not have the kind of team that is going to give us problems. We struggle with athletic fronts and QB's who can expose the gaps that diaz leaves in our defense neither of which apply to UVA. We are going to get after Perkins on defense and offensively i feel perry is going to have his best game yet. 35-10 Canes

Then there was the suspect Cane offensive line and the shabby special teams. :rolleyes: It's been six games and the offensive line is still stuck in Miami freeway traffic and the special teams have become WORST! And you're saying the Canes are going to win by TWENTY-FIVE POINTS! Get the freak' outta' here!:D

Then there was the suspect Cane offensive line and the shabby special teams. :rolleyes: It's been six games and the offensive line is still stuck in Miami freeway traffic and the special teams have become WORST! And you're saying the Canes are going to win by TWENTY-FIVE POINTS! Get the freak' outta' here!:D
You and @Hemsleysalmons are in a tight battle for Porster of the Year. Quit negging the truth.

Advertisement
Would really like to see an emphatic road win this week with a bye next week. With a loss, sitting at 5-2 with road games still at BC, Ga Tech, VT is a bad look! However if we let our playmakers make plays, 6-1 going into the bye week keeps us on the national radar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back