Feeley discusses weight room gains; Vaughn breaks down recruiting philosophy

Advertisement
You guys need to realize the big jump happens at first which is 10-20lbs. Zion putting on 30lbs already is phenomenal. It’s a lot harder to put on another 10-20lbs after that. What I’m saying is if Harvey busts his **** he could be a solid 240lbs and Zion 280lbs. They aren’t going to come close to doubling what they’ve put on in another 3-4 months. The only way it’s possible to put on more good weight that fast is with Clemson supplements.

I was told that we are about to see who is made of what in the summer. After squatting these guys are gonna have to go run 300's so we gonna see who is ***** made and who wants to be great

Building mental toughness. Swasey used to do that..

You guys need to realize the big jump happens at first which is 10-20lbs. Zion putting on 30lbs already is phenomenal. It’s a lot harder to put on another 10-20lbs after that. What I’m saying is if Harvey busts his **** he could be a solid 240lbs and Zion 280lbs. They aren’t going to come close to doubling what they’ve put on in another 3-4 months. The only way it’s possible to put on more good weight that fast is with Clemson supplements.

Agreed. I really don't want these guys putting on too much weight too fast. If Zion can maintain at 270 lbs through the Summer and then the season, that's enough. Then aim for 280-285 for his Soph season. You really don't need to be 300+ to be a quality OT at the college level. OG is a different thing where you have to have the bulk to stand up to beastly DTs. But at tackle, quickness and technique is primordial.

Advertisement
The three consistent attributes I interpret from Diaz's staff's interviews:

1. Forward-thinking
2. Self-aware
3. Aligned

I don't know how they'll be technically - on the field and teaching - but this is how you build a modern organization. If these guys gameplan and coach as well as they express themselves, we're gonna surprise some people.

The way they express themselves leads to me believe that they are excellent communicators with regard to coaching...

Last edited:
yeah Harvey being able to play at 235-240 all year will be perfect. Garvin had to be that weight as a frosh

Advertisement
I hope you are right. We won’t know for a couple of years. I think the program has been trending in the right direction though. Even though Gus got a lot of hate, our teams never seemed tired like they did when Golden was here. Gus just didn’t get them strong enough. I like hearing Feeley say we are going to condition over the summer. He has built his strength base over the winter and now will work on speed. I would be curious to hear from @Tweed about the summer program. Hopefully it’s similar to what Florida did under Meyer where they lifted 3 days a week and did speed/field work the other two. Bama is similar to that format also unless they have changed in recent years.
I agree with everything you just said. @mjackson6 said the couple transfers they got from Temple those guys could run for days. That made my day that day.

I hope we do speed work as well. We were always our best when we were in shape and the fastest team out there. Rarely were we flat out stronger than people across the board, but we were faster/quicker and better conditioned and we used that to our advantage in the 4th. The better conditioned team normally wins.

I just watched the video of Feeley. That dude is intense, but has good wit to him. I would be willing to bet the kids love him. I think someone said he and Manny Diaz are very alike and i can see that.

Feeley is a huge upgrade from Felder, who is now the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at Bethlehem Christian Academy according to his Instagram account. He may be a good Christian man but he clearly didn’t belong at Miami or any other ACC school. If Georgia Tech cut him loose before Spring even ends, that tells you everything you need to know.

Feeley is a huge upgrade from Felder, who is now the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach at Bethlehem Christian Academy according to his Instagram account. He may be a good Christian man but he clearly didn’t belong at Miami or any other ACC school. If Georgia Tech cut him loose before Spring even ends, that tells you everything you need to know.

Felder was an absolute scrub. And his HIIT is what got a bunch of our guys hurt.

The three consistent attributes I interpret from Diaz's staff's interviews:

1. Forward-thinking
2. Self-aware
3. Aligned

I don't know how they'll be technically - on the field and teaching - but this is how you build a modern organization. If these guys gameplan and coach as well as they express themselves, we're gonna surprise some people.

I agree. They are hitting all the right notes. Manny is conducting nicely. Now,the delivery on the field must match the talk. Let’s hope the are flexible and can identify their own flaws quickly and then move to correct them. I’ve have enough of stubborn.

Advertisement
harvey at 235 is solid. If he can put on another 10-15 pounds of good weight between now and fall he would be at a great playing weight for his freshman year.

Garvin played his FS year at around 235. The good news is we don't need Harvey to play every down. Can see him getting some run on pure passing plays. He will not be here 5 years, too much talent, so even if he gives 5 good plays a game, it is valuable. Ask ND and VT if Garvin was valuable his FS year against them?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
A month of "voluntary" workouts before summer better mean that every god**** player on the squad comes out.

Anyone who misses without a valid excuse -- illness, injury, amputation -- better be put on the **** list Feeley supposedly keeps. We don't need those guys a part of this program.

I agree with everything you just said. @mjackson6 said the couple transfers they got from Temple those guys could run for days. That made my day that day.

I hope we do speed work as well. We were always our best when we were in shape and the fastest team out there. Rarely were we flat out stronger than people across the board, but we were faster/quicker and better conditioned and we used that to our advantage in the 4th. The better conditioned team normally wins.

I just watched the video of Feeley. That dude is intense, but has good wit to him. I would be willing to bet the kids love him. I think someone said he and Manny Diaz are very alike and i can see that.

I’ve talked to them a little bit recently. I do baseball lessons at a facility locally and Logan Marchi (was a QB at temple that transferred) does football lessons there. He said it’ll pick up in summer. The first day they’re allowed to mandate them showing up the running program begins 2-3 days a week of 110s. He won’t shy away from the heat either. It’ll be outside and he cuts no one slack from the best player to the walk-ons.

Marchi was a QB that always chose to run his 110s with our skill players. He wasn’t a burner by any means but he could run all day and said it was easy. He could have ran with QBs and had 2.5 extra seconds per rep but he didn’t want to. He always said it was nothing compared to Temple

I’ve talked to them a little bit recently. I do baseball lessons at a facility locally and Logan Marchi (was a QB at temple that transferred) does football lessons there. He said it’ll pick up in summer. The first day they’re allowed to mandate them showing up the running program begins 2-3 days a week of 110s. He won’t shy away from the heat either. It’ll be outside and he cuts no one slack from the best player to the walk-ons.

Marchi was a QB that always chose to run his 110s with our skill players. He wasn’t a burner by any means but he could run all day and said it was easy. He could have ran with QBs and had 2.5 extra seconds per rep but he didn’t want to. He always said it was nothing compared to Temple
Sounds like our QB problem is solved! Last game I saw with Marchi, he got beat by UConn lol

Do you work in and around Murfreesboro? I have a good friend who went to MTSU and works at a baseball facility in Murfreesboro

Advertisement
Back