Federal Tax Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Just an FYI, they will be coming to South Florida real soon to do some "investigations"

Bro didnt tell me who but told me I should be real happy by the end of the summer. But he did say they have over 200 targets in South Florida alone that they are targeting.

Advertisement
Interested to see what happens when some poor family member tries to identify a bagman as a source of payment. I have a feeling this is going to hurt the wrong people more than the right people. Not that it is cool to take a large cash payment unreported, as that is still breaking the law, but I have concerns about the effectiveness of this as it relates to what we hope for.

Advertisement
I believe you said something to this effect last summer. Obviously I hope it happens, but whats the hold up?

Advertisement
Interested to see what happens when some poor family member tries to identify a bagman as a source of payment. I have a feeling this is going to hurt the wrong people more than the right people. Not that it is cool to take a large cash payment unreported, as that is still breaking the law, but I have concerns about the effectiveness of this as it relates to what we hope for.

I said that to him, I was like I hope yall dont just go after the people who took the money and he flat out said, going after the people who took the money wont end the corruption.

Advertisement

I worry this too.... some kid is going to lose eligibility and a chance at the NFL because he had the wrong adults around him. Some are also good kids, **** a guy in my hometown went to UF back in 07, he got a bag, what he do? Stopped by his best friends moms house (best friend was shot and killed) once a month to help her pay bills...

However I agree, some will have to take a fall and that will likely put other kids/parents on notice and be more weary that you can get caught and they may then refuse payments.

Hopefully the Feds are targeting the real key targets in this bag men industry. Much like when I was in Afghanistan, we stopped targeting the farmers that cultivated the poppy, we went after the narco terrorists and their refinery plants. Poor farmers had no choice in the matter of growing poppy and were just doing it to feed their families and not be murdered. Same should apply with the system of bags.

Who are the wrong people and who are the right people to get hurt in this? To my mind, anyone that has been taking illicit payments, not reporting the income, cheating the system, and talking about "I will always bleed Orange and Green, but I gotta take care of my family" is a problem. Even more so, anyone steering a kid to make decisions about their future based on what is best at the moment for some adult and not the best long-term interests of the individual student-athlete deserves to pay a price.

Institutionalized cheating and corruption does not have innocent participants, no matter the socioeconomic background they may come from. Obviously, it's easy to understand the temptation and the difficulty these kids come from, but the families and others around them need to stop being excused for considering their son or nephew or cousin or player as a winning lottery ticket.

What I hope for, is that South Florida's elite HS athletes will stop making the most important decisions of their lives based on a quick up front payment that really doesn't benefit them, rather than choosing a school for how it will develop and market their talents and for how it will prepare them for adulthood. Cleaning up the sleazy bag game and system of corrupt HS coaches and runners in SoFla, or even just exposing it to the light of day, can only help.

Even if that means that a few poor moms and dads who sold their child's future for a bag of cash have to pay a price.

I'm sorry, but I'm not crying for Benedict Arnold.

Advertisement
Exactly. How many people have to go to jail before they get el chapo, Escobar, or a capo.

Exactly. How many people have to go to jail before they get el chapo, Escobar, or a capo.

If this is all true, they are not going to go after thousands of kids and their families. It would make more sense to go after the money guys. Lets face it, we already know that the "great recruiters" are really just the coaches at each school that coordinate the payments, and if we know, the Feds know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back