Federal Judge to Al Golden: "Eat a ****" (paraphrased)

From 1989-1999 Al Groh worked as a DC or Linebackers coach in the NFL under Bill Parcells with the Giants and Jets and under Bill Belichick with the Browns. In 2000, he took the head coaching position at Virginia. Al Golden was his DC from 2001-2005. The defense that Miami ran under Golden and Mark D’Onofrio was the Parcells 3-4. Unfortunately by the time Al Golden took the UM head coaching job, that defense was outdated and past it’s prime. If you compare Belichick’s defenses with the Browns and early years with the Patriots, they look almost nothing like they do now. So not only were Golden and D’Onofrio running a scheme that didn’t fit the players at Miami, it was an outdated scheme that had long ago run it’s course. It was designed to stop 1980’s offenses and Golden was trying to use it in 2014.
Parcells also had Lawrence Taylor. This cannot be overstated. Harry Carson and Carl Banks don't hurt either. Folden just didn't give a ****. Didn't matter the players, the results, anything. He just had a vision and a cloud.

Advertisement
I feel you homie. Care to elaborate on who so I can hate Golden more...

The complete disdain that I still have for Al f'n Golden... If I saw him, it would be on sight.

He did ridiculous damage to our program and yet if you asked him today, he would still blame the hand he was dealt.

Only at the University of Miami can we have such incompetence at HC repeatedly. There are not many schools that have the ceiling we do let alone shoot themselves in the foot at the same time to astronomically high levels.

It is actually mind-boggling. Can anyone think of a similar school? Maybe USC outside of the Pete Carroll era but even still, it does not compare to the repeated ****shows we have trotted out. Manny is in that category until he proves it this year.

Now I'm mad all over again...
Alabama from 1993-2006, Texas post Vince Young, Notre Dame for countless years, USC as you mentioned. It happens. Really only takes 2-3 bad hires and suddenly you’re at 10-15 years. Both ND and Bama have had a coach get hired and not make it to a single game. Even we haven’t managed that feat.

Golden had an Ice Cream Cart wheeled out onto GreenTree....Unfu*kingbelievable...
I guess that could be viewed as funny on a certain level and it would be if it wasn't so phucking pathetic. An ice cream cart on Greentree? I wonder how JJ or Butch would have reacted to that?

I'll throw down good $$ if ya'll can come up with the message & location. FIRE UP THE PLANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed. We fans can disagree with or dislike decisions made by any of the previous coaches but there's no actual hate for any of those guys like there is for Al Golden. Even a guy like Randy Shannon who's coaching tenure here was pretty much one mistake followed by another does not get the disdain that I have for Golden.
Not sure that Shannon was really any less bad of a coach than Golden. (Remember UVA 48 Miami 0?) But Shannon was such a bumbling idiot he was hard to dislike as a person.

Advertisement
Back