Feb 27 vs Harvard 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
The best way to listen to UM games for the last decade has been the students on WVUM.

I’ve ground this axe for years, but Joe Z and his ilk are an abject embarrassment when it comes to calling any and all UM athletics. He doesn’t even have a good radio voice, its terrible.
I’ve never tried the WVUM. Might have to check it out. I’m getting desperate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice to see Big West games on ESPN+ this year. They badly needed some west coast action.

I’ve been watching games from across the country since our series is so boring, and let me tell you we are selling ourselves short with these broadcasts. Everybody else seems to have color guys who are at practice everyday. Who know these kids, coaches, and programs. They are knowledgeable and interesting. All while Miami is running out a female who couldn’t tell you anything that happened last year. All she did was read bios and claim Yoyo “has been working” in the off-season. Its embarrassing.
The announcers are very bland, I have my tv on mute and playing my fav playList of music and watching the game, it’s actually pretty amazing!

Advertisement
From a production standpoint we do a great job. There are still a lot of schools trotting out limited cameras and radio simulcasts. It’s a pretty big dropoff from a “talent” standpoint when Wicho isn’t on. Hard to believe they couldn’t find former players that would love to do a series here or there.
IE Pitt, GT, VT, Duke are horrible production and color commentary.

As much as some want to complain, Joe Z would probably be above average compared to other ACC schools and the production is at the top in the league with multiple cameras, replays, and having game & player info on the TV screen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back