FCS QB Bailey Zappe enters Portal

Advertisement
Would absolutely take if King decides to leave.

He was developed by Zach Kittley in that Houston Baptist Air Raid system, Kittley is a young talented play caller who came up under Kliff Kingsbury at TTech, he was an analyst with them when Mahomes & Davis Webb was there. He's just 30 years & got hired today by Tyson Helton at Westen Kentucky to be the new OC/QB's coach.

Bailey is a kid that I mentioned back in May https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/j-t-daniels-or-tualia-or-tvd.160695/post-4678861 he's actually got really good arm talent & solid mobility.

Despite the fact he's an FCS QB, against FBS teams he threw for:
567yds 4TD's & 0INT's vs TTech
480yds 3TD's & 0INT's vs North Texas
406yds 5TD's & 1INT vs La Tech, All in 2020.

And in 2019 threw for 300yds 2TD's & 0INT's vs UTEP.

He'll probably follow Kittley to WKU, or transfer to a Texas school, but I think he's a legit option to consider if King leaves.

Advertisement

He was developed by Zach Kittley in that Houston Baptist Air Raid system, Kittley is a young talented play caller who came up under Kliff Kingsbury at TTech, he was an analyst with them when Mahomes & Davis Webb was there. He's just 30 years & got hired today by Tyson Helton at Westen Kentucky to be the new OC/QB's coach.

Bailey is a kid that I mentioned back in May https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/j-t-daniels-or-tualia-or-tvd.160695/post-4678861 he's actually got really good arm talent & solid mobility.

He'll probably follow Kittley to WKU, or transfer to a Texas school, but I think he's a legit option to consider if King leaves.

Good summary. I agree.

Evaluating him reminds me of talking about Kirk Cousins a few years back.

Someone asked: "yes, but what is he really good at doing?"

Me: "throwing the ball to the guys in the same color jersey."

You know 500x more than me but doesn’t he look like he throws super flat footed?

You know 500x more than me but doesn’t he look like he throws super flat footed?
He moved around in the pocket & threw the ball n the run with no problem.

He plays in an Air Raid offense, so his reads are more simplified & predetermined, they get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds, so having an over defined hitch is unnecessary, but he's not stationary at all, watch his film he throws moving quite a bit when he has to.

Him and Brewer are 1A/1B to me.

Advertisement
Good summary. I agree.

Evaluating him reminds me of talking about Kirk Cousins a few years back.

Someone asked: "yes, but what is he really good at doing?"

Me: "throwing the ball to the guys in the same color jersey."
The throws @4:11, @4:48, @5:43 on his highlight tape were all impressive high level D1 college throws, especially at 4:11, rolling to his left throwing across his body to the opposite & dropped a 40 yard + dime for a TD.

Plus @6:10 moved well evading pressure & scrambled for a TD.

OP has a hard on for FCS guys
Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Not sure on him. Has real arm talent, but has a low release point and mediocre mechanics. Uses his arm too much and doesn't drive into throws with hips and shoulders. But then gain, I was a linebacker, so what do I know.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Back