Favorite Group of 5 Teams

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
Obviously have a little time to kill before kickoff today. I root for Toledo, because I went there. I have always viewed it as Toledo is my minor league rooting interest to Miami, which is my major league rooting interest.

What G5 schools do you all root for, and why?

I know a lot of you are all Miami all the time. That's cool too. This thread isn't for you.

Advertisement
Obviously have a little time to kill before kickoff today. I root for Toledo, because I went there. I have always viewed it as Toledo is my minor league rooting interest to Miami, which is my major league rooting interest.

What G5 schools do you all root for, and why?

I know a lot of you are all Miami all the time. That's cool too. This thread isn't for you.
Boise State. They play good sound football and they were a machine before Patterson left.

Now I know you didnt ask but my favorite FCS team is N Dakota St. They have won what, 7 titles in 19 years? Unreal.

Incredulous Blank Stare GIF by August Burns Red

I'll likely get myself laughed out of the thread lol, but...prior to their *** little "national champs" bull****, UCF was the other school id cheer for on a smaller scale because of Culpepper going there.

Aside from that, I like to see Buffalo do well. Local bias and all.

Advertisement
I live in CO so just by proximity I've grown to like Wyoming, I think they're a pretty interesting program. I didn't get to follow them much this season but I will next year for sure.
Just don't go to a game, Laramie is the worst place in the world.

Advertisement
Great thread, OP!

My pick is Florida State University. Scrappy little program that came from nowhere to challenge FAU and FIU. In the next decade I predict they’ll almost be at the level of USF and maybe even UCF. Would not be surprised if they start giving Miami trouble in the 20-30 years from now.

Advertisement
I'll likely get myself laughed out of the thread lol, but...prior to their *** little "national champs" bull****, UCF was the other school id cheer for on a smaller scale because of Culpepper going there.

Aside from that, I like to see Buffalo do well. Local bias and all.
I was at UCF when Culpepper played. We went 9-2 his senior year and didn’t get a bowl invite. They are a distant second to Miami though and the whole national championship thing was stupid as ****.

Advertisement
Coastal Carolina - went there for a week before I got kicked off the baseball team lol. Chadwell also went to ETSU where I grew up watching him play QB and he was close friends with a guy that ended up being my pitching and hitting instructor a few years down the road.

I live in CO so just by proximity I've grown to like Wyoming, I think they're a pretty interesting program. I didn't get to follow them much this season but I will next year for sure.
Just don't go to a game, Laramie is the worst place in the world.
Lmao I was gonna go to Laramie this year to watch a game b4 covid. Ive liked Wyoming since I was little n saw them play in the Copper City Bowl. Their a wierd little program that I watch bc their games start late.

FAU is my favorite G5 team I got my Master's there. Next year FAU plays Air Force in CO and Im thinking of going to the game staying the week visiting some national parks and then going to Laramie to watch Wyoming.

Advertisement
Back