favorite game and memory vs crocs

2003. I remember being the only one in the student's section still standing when we were down. I never lost faith and Hester/Berlin didn't let me down. The OB was about to collapse.

Advertisement
‘03 easily. All my jerkoff friends kept saying “lots of football left to play” as the score got worse. As a veteran of watching college football and my beloved Canes especially, it’s a phrase I repeat adnauseam. They thought it was funny. I clearly had the last laugh. To be clear, I don’t have the gator friends, just gambling degenerates for the most part.

Go Canes!

Okay, I just watched the ‘03 game again to warm up for tomorrow. That thing was insane. Berlin was dead in the eyes and couldn’t do anything right for the first 40 minutes. And then he went in the shotgun and could do no wrong the rest of the way. Never seen anything like it before or since.

1978 at Florida field. OJ Anderson in an epic senior performance caps it by taking on 6-7 defenders by himself while running a sweep in the final minute of the game across the left hand corner of the end zone to beat the Gators 21-20. It was Lou Sabans last game as head coach and set the stage for Howard’s tenure in 1979. I was there in Miami student section getting pelted with eggs by those ******** in Gainesville. An amazing game, it was also the greatest single running performance at UM I have ever seen to this day.

Advertisement
I know it's been said a zillion times but 03. I was working as a TA for the band and until then I had never witnessed a Canes loss (I don't count the Fiasco Bowl.) My colleague at the time - he's now a Dean of Music in Huntsville - it was his first game and he kept asking me if we were gonna be okay. I kept telling him "just wait." And as the score crept closer and then we took the lead I was just screaming "I told you!!" It was transcendent.

For me it was 03 because a lot of my friends from hs went to UF and only a couple of us went to UM. I had around 30 messages on my phone at halftime, yes I was at the game. Ah, when the fat lady sang and she had gator tears at the end of the game I only had one new message. My dad left the game in the early third and wanted to know how bad we finished. Still have my shirt from that game too.

Ssmper Canes!!!
That will always be my favorite against the Ratlizzurds. I was on the West Coast and they only broadcast the last ten minutes of that game. Just tore the Turds’ hearts out!

2003. . Orange Bowl was never louder. Felt the stadium swaying. Was in lower bowl under the overhang was actually worried upper bowl would collapse. 33-10 mid way through 3rd quarter. Wife wanted to leave, no way. Comeback was epic. Car was stuck in little havana behind car till 2 am until owner showed up in a no blockie spot.

Advertisement
Anytime we beat the gator. But 1984 in Tampa when Bernie was a true freshman was great. I was in a section with gator friends and they were celebrating when they scored a TD with under a minute to go. But I believed in Bernie because of how well he played all year. He led the Canes and hit Eddie Brown with, I think about 8 seconds left. Then we got a pick 6 to make the final 32-20. Great way to celebrate in the middle of the gates.

84 in Tampa. The first game of my freshman year. Bernie with the last minute TD and then the interception to seal it.

Advertisement
Has to be '03. I remember we were down big, then we scored and the TV camera panned to a Gator fan in the crowd, hands on head, with a look of worry in his eyes.

Awesome.

The 2003 game is my favorite. I have never heard or experienced the stadium that loud and shaking before. I really thought the Orange Bowl was going to collapse for real that night.

Advertisement
In 2003 I was actually sitting in the Gator family section. My buddy gave me the ticket and his gf was the trainer under Urban. I remember sitting behind the family of Ingle Martin and when Hester hit thay TD I went Nuts. The mother of Martin had such a look of disgust on her face I will never forget. Then we were losing and they all started ragging on me and throwing stuff at me etc. once the co comeback started I was out of my mind. Some canes fans came down from another section and we celebrated like crazy in the faces of the families. Watching them be so crestfallen was really the highlight. I agree it was the loudest event I have been to and it was so much fun.

2002 in Gainesville. Tonight's honorary Captain Vince Wilfork sacks Grossman late in the 4th Qtr and does the gator chomp.

Advertisement
Back