favorite game and memory vs crocs

Advertisement
For me it was 03 because a lot of my friends from hs went to UF and only a couple of us went to UM. I had around 30 messages on my phone at halftime, yes I was at the game. Ah, when the fat lady sang and she had gator tears at the end of the game I only had one new message. My dad left the game in the early third and wanted to know how bad we finished. Still have my shirt from that game too.

Ssmper Canes!!!

Mine is the 2003 game I believe. We were down big and I literally thought it was over. I was pounding beers and shots and went to the bar for a bit. Came back to find us back in it. Brock Berlin led us on a comeback and I was so happy. That game sobered me up until I celebrated afterwards!

1986, first college football game in my freshman year.

Miami had 4 players suspended for the first half, due to car leases they had signed. Gaytors fans started shaking their keychains before the game. I couldn't get a UM student ticket, so I got a ticket from a friend at UF and had to sit in the UF student section.

Miami scored first on a long Melvin Bratton run. Gaytors put up 3 FGs in the 2nd quarter to take the lead, and then we scored three times in the second half to take the lead. They got a late TD and missed the 2-point conversion.

Unbelievable game. Last one in Gainesville until 2002.

Oh, and then there was the 1987 game, where Miami scored every point, including the 2 safeties we spotted them. Last game in Miami until 2003.

At least I got the last 2 games in the annual rivalry.

Advertisement
Mine was 02. Sat on the gators side line on the 45 yard line 10 rows up. I had scalped the tickets and the fans around me were ****ed and said I would be gone before halftime anyway. I think we know how that turned out. Thanks Marcus.

I actually left the 03 game to go back to our tailgate. My grill was still sitting there to my shock. Put some dogs on and finished the jack Daniels and listened to the crowd and radio. I was happy and upset at the same time.

That was the first and last time I left early.

Advertisement

It was a special moment for my dad and I. We went to two practices that year in the buildup, and at one of them the coaches were giving Hester a hard time. Saying he talks too much junk and hasn’t accomplished anything yet at the U. All in good fun. Hester replies once he’s going to bring the first kick of the season back to the house, and it actually got one of the assistant’s ****ed and he made Hester start running sprints.

When he housed it against the Gators my dad and I were inside the OB and went absolutely nuts. Sharing the moments of being at practice and then seeing that was all just too cool. Then the comeback. It was one of those nights you’ll never forget.

But now my dad has memory issues and hardly remembers anything. But this saturday im driving 3 hours to watch the game with him. He can’t wait.

Last edited:
Hester returning opening kickoff in 03! That was the first time he ever touched the ball as a Cane. Never saw a guy that fast. He was just a freak! The OB was rockin from jump!

Advertisement
Hester returning opening kickoff in 03! That was the first time he ever touched the ball as a Cane. Never saw a guy that fast. He was just a freak! The OB was rockin from jump!
This is mine as well. Or Mo Sikes pick 6 in 02

03. Loudest crowd during Hester's return that I have ever heard, but the fondest memory I have from that game (aside from the opportunity to tailgate with many you who are here from the old W2 Grassy crew) was at the end of the game when Brock Berlin did the Gator chomp and then the throat slash.

Advertisement
2001 Sugar Bowl.
No doubt about it.

After the game it was the only time I ever rooted for the Seminoles to win , hoping to get a Split National Championship.

It was a special moment for my dad and I. We went to two practices that year in the buildup, and at one of them the coaches were giving Hester a hard time. Saying he talks too much junk and hasn’t accomplished anything yet at the U. All in good fun. Hester replies once he’s going to bring the first kick of the season back to the house, and it actually got one of the assistant’s ****ed and he made Hester start running sprints.

When he housed it against the Gators my dad and I were inside the OB and went absolutely nuts. Sharing the moments of being at practice and then seeing that was all just too cool. Then the comeback. It was one of those nights you’ll never forget.

But now my dad has memory issues and hardly remembers anything. But this saturday im driving 3 hours to watch the game with him. He can’t wait.
**** man that hits home. My dad and I were at that game and he’s the reason I’m a canes fan. He’s also having memory issues and it’s getting tough but we’ll be going to the game tomorrow. Going to cherish it.

Advertisement
Back