Favorite Canes Moment

Live- ‘04 Sitting in the corner endzone in the recruit section (Best Friend at the time was being recruited and ultimately signed with UM) and Sinorce Moss ended the game with a TD for the win against FSphew.

Not in Person- Watching Joey (Jonathon Vilma) snack the **** out of that TE from Nebraska in the ‘01 Rose Bowl. Set the tone for the game. I grew up around him as a kid and he was 190 running a 4.9 when he got to the U but he had the smarts and the heart to be an MLB.

Advertisement
Beating FSU on 10/7/2000. Have never been in a more electrifying atmosphere.

That was a great day. Although FSU fans thought their win streak was gonna end soon, they still thought it was a year away. The old girl was rocking and when that ball sailed right all was good in the world. Heat stroke never felt so good.

Go Canes!

I don't want to insult anybody, but how can it be anything other than the 1984 Orange Bowl and Ken Calhoun's play?

That is simply the play that made Miami the U.

Chatelain: Calhoun foiling NU's two-point try in 1984 Orange Bowl elevated Miami’s program

Without a doubt that is the single greatest moment in Miami history.

My personal favorite was Danny Miller's 55 yarder to beat Florida in 1981. Crazy game and it was the birth of the Miami Miracle mystique. Kelly gets hurts and Richt comes in. He is just awful and Miami is absolutely dead in the water. He finally complete his first pass to Rocky Belk for a long touchdown. On the game winning drive he hits Glenn Dennison on a crossing route. I think Mark ended up something like 2 for 12 in relief. I remember Florida tried a 58 yarder into the wind and it fell short a couple of yards with about 10 seconds left. That's the same game where this big gator rolls out of the eastern end zone before kick off. The Florida fans go crazy. A bunch of students dressed in Miami uniform rip out of the gator and start stomping on it. Of course the Orange Bowl then rocks at its foundations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For me it's between Shockey's td or Ed Reed vs bc.... For years it was thrill hills 43 yard first down.... But the top two solidified it for me

Beating FSU on 10/7/2000. Have never been in a more electrifying atmosphere.

I agree...Was at that game and it was wild...hot as ***, drunk and dehydrated on beer after beer, Canes fans tossing trash and bottles at crimiNole fans as they ran from the OB and tried to mount the buses. Beating Chris Weinke and the mighty SemenHoles and knocking them off their perch. Remember, these fools were coming off a Natie in 1999 and trying to repeat.

The 2001 Washington game is a close second...dished out pure and uncensored payback and asss whooping that game.

Can't beat the !st Natty, sitting in the west end zone. The Old Lady was rocking that night!

The 84 Orange Bowl.

Hearing Doak go silent after their fans thought they had made the kick in 91 is a close second. That was unreal.

Advertisement
With my pops screaming at the TV when Matt Walters picked off the deflection from Rumph against BC. And then watching Ed Reed rip it from him for the score I will never forget that.

Without a doubt that is the single greatest moment in Miami history.

My personal favorite was Danny Miller's 55 yarder to beat Florida in 1981. Crazy game and it was the birth of the Miami Miracle mystique. Kelly gets hurts and Richt comes in. He is just awful and Miami is absolutely dead in the water. He finally complete his first pass to Rocky Belk for a long touchdown. On the game winning drive he hits Glenn Dennison on a crossing route. I think Mark ended up something like 2 for 12 in relief. I remember Florida tried a 58 yarder into the wind and it fell short a couple of yards with about 10 seconds left. That's the same game where this big gator rolls out of the eastern end zone before kick off. The Florida fans go crazy. A bunch of students dressed in Miami uniform rip out of the gator and start stomping on it. Of course the Orange Bowl then rocks at its foundations.
That was the first Cane game I ever watched. I didn't know they existed before that. Watched it on a static filled black and white TV at my grandmother's house. Took me several minutes to figure out the Miami playing wasn't the Dolphins. Between static attacks, I saw Kelly with the U on his helmet and realized this wasn't the Dolphins. Been a fan since. Crazy, crazy game.

Loudest moment, by far, was Devin Hester's KO return against the Gators. Been going to Canes games since 81 and I'd never felt the OB shake like it did at that moment.

It was insane.

Best moment was Stanley Shakespeare at the end of the Nebraska game. Without that play, do the wheels spin in the same direction, Howard to the USFL and Jimmy really getting this thing cranked up to Defcon 5?

Favorite moment?

Impossible to decide. Bandy's INT, wide right, Dorsey to Shockey, Vinnie with his torn jersey to Irvin, the entire Faust crying game, Berlin mocking the Gators come to mind.

I was at that game as a student and I remember Hester taking it back, but I don't remember it wobbling or shaking unusually because it was a night game and I was completely hammered.

Amazing moment though. I remember Hester said he'd take back his first kick in college and he didn't but I think the first game was away that year. He took back his first kick at home against a bitter rival. Legendary.

Advertisement
Back