Favorite Canes Games

Advertisement
Miami- Boston College. Gawt **** Flutie flakes. It's why I became a Cane. Horsepiss loss.

Doug is a good guy though. Met him 2x in San Diego. Spent several minutes, not just a handshake.

Our last NC. Rose bowl.

Had a close friend from Texas watch the game with me. Yes, he like them Longhorns.

UM vs. Nebraska.

George " Now I know Miami is no joke, but you playing them Nebraska boys..."

Me.

"Believe me, we don't care"

Halftime.

George.

"Jeesus man I think you guys are baptizing those poor ********"

Great stuff.

True stories.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No mention yet of the night game at the OB vs. Louisville in '04? One of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. This was before Louisville thought they were Oregon (still a nothing program) and the Cards fans were actually happy just to have stayed in the game.

As typical for a night game, the entire student section was waaaasted. Bucket races are a bad idea.

87- FSU
88- Michigan
89- ND
90- Cotton Bowl
92- PSU
94- GaSouthern (58 straight)
94- FSU
00- FSU
01- FSU
01- Wash
02- Florida

Advertisement
Notre Dame 11-11-17, loudest game I ever attended, (YES LOUDER THAN THE OB).

The recruiting section was going absolutely crazy. The stadium was so electric that night.
That moment of the Bandy pick 6 was my second favorite single moment as a Cane fan. The feeling right then at that second. I'd give the nod to the moment standing in the OB student section as Shockey caught The TD vs fsu in 2000 as #1. Those are my two personal nirvana moments of Miami football.

81 UM vs #1 Penn St......The game that started it all....

Probably one of the most underrated Hurricane teams and one of my favorites.

Lost 2 tough road games, @ #4 Texas by a touchdown and @ #16 Miss St by 4.
Beat #1 PSU.
Beat FSU and uF...both ranked.
Put a beatin' on ND in the OB to break something like a 20 year winless streak against them.

All great games listed.
It's impossible limit the list to less than a dozen so I'll go with the good ol ***-kickin' games that I had the pleasure to be at....

'90 Texas (#3)
'01 Washington (#12)
'17 Notre Dame (#3)

Average score....51-6!!

Advertisement
Loud??....Lol....Nothing touch's this moment....Like a Bomb went off....Loudest Moment I have ever heard in the OB....Regardless of CFB...NFL....Concerts...etc....
69598189_2715106075190217_2592692175422619648_n.jpg

Michigan 88 but that’s because I’m from Ann Arbor and felt like the only UM fan amongst 100,000 people
FSU 2000-as soon as Najeh scored I said out loud “FSU isn’t the fastest team on the field”
FSU 2001-they deserved the best down after what happened a few years earlier
UF 2003-the Comeback
ND 1989-I was a student at UM and bought so many t-shirts the week leading up to the game that being sold around Mahoney
Rose Bowl-a statement of dominance for the world to see ‘this time around the revolution will be televised’

Advertisement
Back