"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
Interesting

Attachments

• 5B059CC2-C49A-4548-99FD-8D7F4E4B5938.png
    5B059CC2-C49A-4548-99FD-8D7F4E4B5938.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 152
Advertisement
It’ll be nice to see us play a D1 opponent this fall. The last two falls have proven that you can’t learn too much from watching intersquad games. I’m a little surprised we’re only playing one game instead of the two allowed by the new rules.

The game was 12 innings long with 5 batters per half inning regardless of the number of outs. FAU changed pitchers every inning after the starter went two. We used McMahon, Veliz, Cecconi, and Gates for three innings each. The first five innings (with mostly returning players) were an offensive struggle. That group finally broke through in the 6th. The newcomers took over for the final 6 innings, and had a lot of success at the plate. Whether that was talent, getting deeper into the FAU bullpen, or some combo is hard to say.

Some interesting notes:
-The starters were Zamora (SS), Escala, (2B), Del Castillo (DH), Toral (1B), Amditis (C), Jenkins (CF), Cloonan (LF), Crosbie (RF), Paige (3B), and Gates (other DH).
-3 of FAU’s 4 runs were scored with three or more outs including a two run homer on McMahon’s final pitch. Jenkins had lost the fly ball from the prior batter in the sun.
-Cecconi and Gates were as advertised. I haven’t seen a Canes’ freshman pitcher with better raw talent than Cecconi in a long time.
-Gabe Rivera and Michael Montes had the two Canes HRs.
-Del Castillo, Montes, and Conley were the standout freshman position players.
-Del Castillo played catcher, first base, and DH.
-McKendry, Maury, and Gil are out for the fall but expected to be ready by opening day.

Also should note that you now have to pay for parking. It ran about $7 for a typical game’s worth of time. It sounds like season ticket holders are going to receive a “complimentary” parking pass. I can’t imagine this is going to be good for attendance with fans who attend games on single game tickets, and attendance has been poor enough the past couple years when they weren’t charging extra.

Also should note that you now have to pay for parking. It ran about $7 for a typical game’s worth of time. It sounds like season ticket holders are going to receive a “complimentary” parking pass. I can’t imagine this is going to be good for attendance with fans who attend games on single game tickets, and attendance has been poor enough the past couple years when they weren’t charging extra.
So if you park under the Metrorail you get ticketed?

Advertisement

You could always park on Commerce Ln right next to red road commons(right infront of the homeless shelter or one of the mechanic shops). It is like a 3 minute walk to the field and there is almost always parking there. If there is no parking there(Which is rare) you could go further down sw68th and park by Murray Park. Unless they changed the parking rules within the last couple of months you could park there.

Advertisement
Back