Fat Manny Podcast 3/10

WestEndZone

Retired staff
Premium

At around 14:30 Fat Manny starts talking **** about us in the context of his Jake Garcia interview where he asked Jake why he was still at Miami. He uses language like "you guys" when talking about us. My perception was that he was being extremely condescending. Jake's family went so far to address the backlash directly with Fay Manny.

Fat Manny went so far to threaten us by saying that our going after him hurts recruiting and hurts our current culture, saying "it's noticed." Said that past coaches have openly complained about fan backlash--as if our past backlashes on prior staffs haven't been justified.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine Mario coming to the podium and apologizing to Manny for the fanbase wondering why he phrased his question in such a dumb **** manner.

The guy was recruiting after he buried his mother.

"Naw coach I love Miami and all but your fanbase really does not treat reporters nicely. I feel like my talents will not flourish in such a toxic atmosphere."

Get

The

Outta

Here

Advertisement
Manny called Coach Diaz a "baffoon" u have you facts wrong-he's a homer always been a fan of the U dont be a jackazz

Advertisement
Manny logic: defending a player and criticizing a reporter hurts recruiting.

If any of you guys are planning on having some little versions of yourself, please just don’t consider the name Manny.

While he might be a fan of the team, blaming fans for recruiting is ridiculous. I wonder if he ventures over to other teams message boards and checks out the comments after consistant losses and program failures. ALL fans are bad when the program sucks. When the program is good, its the best fanbase in the world.

It would have been better if he had just said his question wasnt necessary even though it was taken out of context. The optics was horrible and even though he cant control that....there was still ZERO purpose in even framing any question around why a player decided to stick around.

There's a reason he blocked me on Twitter. We can take away his platform by not clicking on what he puts out and consistantly calling him out for his bs takes.

dude is not a fan. he's part of the scrub *** UM media that needs replacing.
I don’t want a journalist to be a fan; however, don’t be a hater, either. Your job is to report the truth and not be bias. I didn’t have that much of an issue with his question to Jake. That being said, bringing up the fan base and throwing them under the bus during past regimes is low IQ thinking. Fans negativity with past coaches were a symptom, not the problem.

Advertisement

At around 14:30 Fat Manny starts talking **** about us in the context of his Jake Garcia interview where he asked Jake why he was still at Miami. He uses language like "you guys" when talking about us. My perception was that he was being extremely condescending. Jake's family went so far to address the backlash directly with Fay Manny.

Fat Manny went so far to threaten us by saying that our going after him hurts recruiting and hurts our current culture, saying "it's noticed." Said that past coaches have openly complained about fan backlash--as if our past backlashes on prior staffs haven't been justified.

This motherfvcker is trying to gaslight us into believing that criticism and "backlash" against a bad reporter is the same as criticism and "backlash" against players or coaches?

What in the actual fvck?

I'm sure that when Josh Conerley is interviewed, he is going to say "Yeah, I was going to pick Miami, until I saw the horrible way that certain online posters treated the Pulitzer Prize winning sports writers of South Florida."

I don’t want a journalist to be a fan; however, don’t be a hater, either. I didn’t have that much of an issue with his question to Jake. That being said, bringing up the fan base and throwing them under the bus during past regimes is low IQ thinking. Fans negativity with past coaches were a symptom, not the problem.

****, I have even lower standards for our sportswriters.

Since they walk around with audio recording devices, all I expect them to do is to transcribe their questions and the quotes of players and coaches accurately. I'm not forcing Manny Navarro to report FROM HIS MEMORY, I'm fine with him listening to his audio recordings before he actually types words and hits "send".

ZomboMeme 07032022120747.webp

Advertisement
Back