Coaching Fat Al Golden vs Mandy Diaz (advanced analytics)

Advertisement
There is a lot you can say about Al Golden but denying the NCAA investigation had an impact on his success would not be an honest assessment. I don't think Golden's defense does well here under any circumstance but he recruits better without the "cloud" and that translate it something better than what we got.
I agree he never had a 50% blue chip % while here team was mostly 3star players and he developed guys he would’ve been a good coach here if he would’ve fired his D Cord

We have suffered more embarrassing losses under diaz than we did with donofrio/golden combo. Again we thought losing to Duke when golden was there was the low point… we have lost to Duke several times under diaz and multiple non power 5 schools(fiu and La tech) with an additional long list of embarrassing L’s clemson acc championship game, unc game, clemson last year , bama etc

Last edited:
Stockholm syndrome going on in this thread. Jesus H Christ there’s people defending Golden vs Diaz? They’re both awful , there’s a reason Al has never been close to being a HC again. He sucked big *** balls. So does manny. Sucking is sucking.

There is a lot you can say about Al Golden but denying the NCAA investigation had an impact on his success would not be an honest assessment. I don't think Golden's defense does well here under any circumstance but he recruits better without the "cloud" and that translate it something better than what we got.
I always thought that. His scheme couldn't work, but the fact that he was able to pull in eight blue chip recruits in 2012 - when there was still a credible threat of either a death penalty or a four year bowl ban - speaks to how good of a salesperson that he was. We'll never know how well Golden could have recruited during what I call the "hope period" (year 1 and 2 for any new coach) with the NCAA seeking to punish Miami.

Advertisement
Stockholm syndrome going on in this thread. Jesus H Christ there’s people defending Golden vs Diaz? They’re both awful , there’s a reason Al has never been close to being a HC again. He sucked big *** balls. So does manny. Sucking is sucking.
We are saying. Golden sucks, but Manny sucks even more. Before this we didn't think anyone could be worse than Golden. We were wrong.

I don’t get the debate. Both are terrible , this should just shine more light on the retards running this program.
It doesn't really matter that they both are terrible. You can still debate who is worse. Manny is easily the worst coach in program history. People debate who is the GOAT basketball player between Jordan and Lebron all the time. This is basically just the opposite of that.

Advertisement
It doesn't really matter that they both are terrible. You can still debate who is worse. Manny is easily the worst coach in program history. People debate who is the GOAT basketball player between Jordan and Lebron all the time. This is basically just the opposite of that.
If the coach hires keep getting worse every hire it’s not the coaches. They want us focusing on firing coaches rather than putting the focus where it belongs. This program and the fanbase is living in a state of insanity.

There are degrees of arguments, but clearly we’re comparing apples and oranges in the same dumpster. All rotten.

If the coach hires keep getting worse every hire it’s not the coaches. They want us focusing on firing coaches rather than putting the focus where it belongs. This program and the fanbase is living in a state of insanity.
Why do I have a feeling this is a signal to us that there's some bad news on the horizon for us ie Manny staying around longer or we aren't prepared to get a good coach this time around? Or am I reading to much into a conspiracy theory 🤣

Advertisement
Why do I have a feeling this is a signal to us that there's some bad news on the horizon for us ie Manny staying around longer or we aren't prepared to get a good coach this time around? Or am I reading to much into a conspiracy theory 🤣
Nope, just stating facts. Manny is done unless he goes on a miracle run, do you think that’s possible ? It’s a when not if situation.

I wasn't comparing the two coaches bur rather making a comment about Goldens performance. if you want to compare them and their situations then I would say that Manny walked into a much better situation. Golden inherited better players but he had to recruit against the cloud. Manny has not had any negative force impact his ability to recruit.

I wasn't comparing the two coaches bur rather making a comment about Goldens performance. if you want to compare them and their situations then I would say that Manny walked into a much better situation. Golden inherited better players but he had to recruit against the cloud. Manny has not had any negative force impact his ability to recruit.
yes, AG had to recruit against the cloud, but also had his BGF coaching on D. It was etched in stone for him. Mandy on the other hand, has no clue what he’s job is. It’s not going to get better. Just my added two cents.

Advertisement
You know our hires have been bad when all of our previous head coaches are working crap jobs. **** Randy has hit almost every single Florida school by now. We used to send coaches to the league

You know our hires have been bad when all of our previous head coaches are working crap jobs. **** Randy has hit almost every single Florida school by now. We used to send coaches to the league
This is what I always tell people. Coker at UTSA is the only one who ever got another shot lol.

You can still debate who the WOAT is though. The fanbase doesn't need to spend 24 hours of the day talking about firing the admin. We can discuss other aspects of the program as well. Who is the worst coach of all time is a perfectly fine thing to discuss on a forum.

Advertisement
Back