Fans overreactions are priceless.

hawaiicane

Thunderdome
All of these gloom and doom posts and rantings and ravings make me just L.O.L.

This exact same thing happened after KSU - all the simpletons were out in force talking about how we'd get smoked by GT by 50 points, how we'd finish last in the ACC, how we wouldnt win another game except Bethune.

:rollcanes:

Then we end up making these geniuses look like fools by winning 3 straight and taking control of the ACC race. These same hotheads then swing emotionally 180 degrees the other way and start bragging and boasting and predicting wins against a ***king top 10 team like ND on the road in 40 degree weather. When we get creamed as any RATIONAL THINKING FAN would have predicted, like I did, these same fans get their panties in a bunch when their ridiculous homer predictions dont come true and start scapegoating everyone else but their own wild emotional hormonal expectations.

You fellas just need to get a grip. Seriously. Stop overreacting to every little thing and keep your expectations IN KILTER for crying out loud. I predicted we would lose 38-13 and that's pretty much what happened. I have no firm idea as to what happens next week at UNC but barring major injuries, we're gonna beat FSU.

Advertisement
lol I got to admit, you were spot on bruh

My apologies

But you are still wrong about Matthew Thomas lol

We are still a young rather inexperienced team. That's why we'll have games like NC State and GT (highs) and games like ND and KSU (lows).

My expectations are firmly in check. It's not the loss that many of us are concerned with. It's the absolute dumpster fire of a defense. Middle of the pack defense is to be expected. DEAD LAST? That's the major concern. Gashed for over 350 yards rushing? Can't stop the same play for an entire half? That's a problem.

If we'd lost scoring only 3 points but made some effort to stop them, I'd be a lot less vocal.

This exact same thing happened after KSU - all the simpletons were out in force talking about how we'd get smoked by GT by 50 points, how we'd finish last in the ACC, how we wouldnt win another game except Bethune.

Then we end up making these geniuses look like fools by winning 3 straight and taking control of the ACC race. These same hotheads then swing emotionally 180 degrees the other way and start bragging and boasting and predicting wins against a ***king top 10 team like ND on the road in 40 degree weather. When we get creamed as any RATIONAL THINKING FAN would have predicted, like I did, these same fans get their panties in a bunch when their ridiculous homer predictions dont come true and start scapegoating everyone else but their own wild emotional hormonal expectations.

You fellas just need to get a grip. Seriously. Stop overreacting to every little thing and keep your expectations IN KILTER for crying out loud. I predicted we would lose 38-13 and that's pretty much what happened. I have no firm idea as to what happens next week at UNC but barring major injuries, we're gonna beat FSU.

Solid Post

View attachment 14997 1329883340716.jpg

Advertisement

Solid Post

View attachment 14997View attachment 14998

how can you be?

We are still a young rather inexperienced team. That's why we'll have games like NC State and GT (highs) and games like ND and KSU (lows).

KSU & ND are top 10 teams.. unfortunately our "fans" including me think we were good enough to hang.... It would be interesting to see how ND and KSU end the season.. as long as we get to the ACC ship im good. Didnt think we would get to it before the season starts but no reason we cant given what ive seen half way through the season

Advertisement
My expectations are firmly in check. It's not the loss that many of us are concerned with. It's the absolute dumpster fire of a defense. Middle of the pack defense is to be expected. DEAD LAST? That's the major concern. Gashed for over 350 yards rushing? Can't stop the same play for an entire half? That's a problem.

If we'd lost scoring only 3 points but made some effort to stop them, I'd be a lot less vocal.

lol. I'm with you. Before the season i thought Golden's albatrosses were Corch Kehoe and Corch Swasey. And i still think they will contribute to his undoing unless they get replaced. But D Onofrio has obviously risen to the top of the corch list. If Golden fails here, it will be because of his buddy Mark. When the time comes, Golden better have the balls to let him go or else Golden himself will be let go.

Not exactly priceless when the players/recruits become impacted by fan overreaction/stupidity.

The team loses and fans want to fire everyone, attack the coaches and players and then expect every recruit to love us.

Maybe some of those DLinemen from the JUCO defensive linemen tree that some of you think exist don't want to play for awful, fairweather fans.

Our fans need to wake up and start having realistic expectations and support the team.

I know everyone hates it when Golden and others use the term, but it is a process. I know Saban turned Bama around in 2 years, but that's not happening here, and the sooner everyone realizes it the better it will be for everyone (unless you like to be miserable and/or complain). In 1997 we were dreadful but we threw a lot of young guys into the fire. We were 9-3 in '98 but still lost to Syracuse by 53 and in '99 we were 9-4 but still lost to East Carolina and VT by 33. It's going to take some time, and I'm not even taking sanctions into account.

Advertisement
Our defense is atrocious at best, but the team is still 4-2. Many people, myself included, had this team pegged for 6-6 at best. If someone had told me we'd be halfway through the season with only two losses to top ten teams I would've signed up on the spot. That said, the defense........****.

lol. I'm with you. Before the season i thought Golden's albatrosses were Corch Kehoe and Corch Swasey. And i still think they will contribute to his undoing unless they get replaced. But D Onofrio has obviously risen to the top of the corch list. If Golden fails here, it will be because of his buddy Mark. When the time comes, Golden better have the balls to let him go or else Golden himself will be let go.
Don't agree on kehoe our our line has been one of the strongest aspects of this team. I have don't we have given up a sack all year

This

Advertisement

Excellent post Hawaii. I totally concur.

I have to give you some serious props on your prediction, I recall seeing it in another thread and being like "WTF? Who is this Debbie Downer?" I admit in those prediction threads I sometimes drink too much kool-aid! But I am not so emotional that I think we fire everyone :). I get down when we make mistakes that hurt ourselves, because I cannot help but look at those plays and wonder "what if?" I mean seriously, what if PD catches that first one? Can we all agree it would have ended much different? Man, that is a back breaker, and then I remember that he is only a soph...... man even our best players are young as he!!.

It's the manner in how we lost vrs the loss itself. I truly believe most reasonable people thought we would lose but be competitive. We just got our asses kicked again. We should be poor on defense but not 118 out of 120 bad.

Advertisement
Back