Fan Expectations

MS11

Freshman
It's crazy to me how pregame leading up to this everyone that points out any deficiency in Miami's game or says Florida has some impact players get called Florida fans or SEC slurpers or whatever. Now people want to go to the opposite end and talk about how terrible everything is. Pregame I remember being told Zuniga isn't that good, their corners aren't way overrated, our OL won't be THAT bad cause they go against the best they'll face everyday, and someone even had the audacity to say we have the best receiver group in the country. Also remember trying to tell people that Toney scares me because of his elusiveness and typical first game tackling issues but that was downplayed because of his stats last year.
Now people are in a full blown panic and complaining about everything when in reality if we get just average OL play that game is easily ours. Fans complaining about our LBs when we gave up 58 yards rushing and our pass rush would have been fine if we weren't facing a super quick passing attack (side note on rewatch, Patchan was a split second away from a lot of sacks during the game I really wanted Hill in instead though). Also while their OTs aren't that good they were nowhere near as bad as ours were.
My unemotional analysis would be our defense is going to be great again and I think Ivey is only going to bolster that. Our pass rush will be productive as the season goes on and our second string DEs are just as good if not better than our starters. Only thing holding this team back from being 11-1 is our OTs and Dan Enos not really doing a lot to help them. We got the ball out on the perimeter the entire first drive and easily went down the field and then abandoned that inexplicably. If you look back at his history too Arkansas had major protection issues as well and Brandon/Austin Allen spent a lot of their time running for their lives with long developing plays and not having the OTs to match.

Advertisement
It's crazy to me how pregame leading up to this everyone that points out any deficiency in Miami's game or says Florida has some impact players get called Florida fans or SEC slurpers or whatever. Now people want to go to the opposite end and talk about how terrible everything is. Pregame I remember being told Zuniga isn't that good, their corners aren't way overrated, our OL won't be THAT bad cause they go against the best they'll face everyday, and someone even had the audacity to say we have the best receiver group in the country. Also remember trying to tell people that Toney scares me because of his elusiveness and typical first game tackling issues but that was downplayed because of his stats last year.
Now people are in a full blown panic and complaining about everything when in reality if we get just average OL play that game is easily ours. Fans complaining about our LBs when we gave up 58 yards rushing and our pass rush would have been fine if we weren't facing a super quick passing attack (side note on rewatch, Patchan was a split second away from a lot of sacks during the game I really wanted Hill in instead though). Also while their OTs aren't that good they were nowhere near as bad as ours were.
My unemotional analysis would be our defense is going to be great again and I think Ivey is only going to bolster that. Our pass rush will be productive as the season goes on and our second string DEs are just as good if not better than our starters. Only thing holding this team back from being 11-1 is our OTs and Dan Enos not really doing a lot to help them. We got the ball out on the perimeter the entire first drive and easily went down the field and then abandoned that inexplicably. If you look back at his history too Arkansas had major protection issues as well and Brandon/Austin Allen spent a lot of their time running for their lives with long developing plays and not having the OTs to match.

Florida’s DL is good

Florida’s DB a bit overrated

Florida’s OL performed much better than expected

Florida WR are average at best

Florida LB played well

Advertisement
Back