Falling apart

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Disney has a $159 Billion Market Cap it's not going bankrupt...
Disney's market cap has nothing to do with the financial performance realities and business future of ESPN. Disney is not putting ANY cash into propping up deficient performance of any operating groups. That is WHY they are seeking a 'strategic partner' to take over an equity interest IN ESPN. I have read elsewhere that Comcast is in talks with Disney regarding Hulu and ESPN. Comcast owns a minority interest in Hulu, Disney the majority. Disney has a deal / obligation to purchase Comcast's interest and they might just work out a stock swap to save Disney a $10-15 Billion dollar outlay for Comcast's Hulu shares.

I am in the process of buying ESPN.
Excellent. A few things to slip into the suggestion box

1. I need more curling broadcasts than once every 4 years

2. If ESPN can broadcast pickleball and Johnsonville Cornhole tournaments, I see no reason why we cant put together an organized wet Tshirt tournament. Im sure we can get sponsors and the ratings would beat half the **** on there now. Id like to formally announce that Im starting a founding team.

CANS4LIFE is officially off the ground. Now taking applications.

Disney has a $159 Billion Market Cap it's not going bankrupt...
So what? At&t had a market cap over $200 billion in 2020 and it is now north of $100 billion. Major layoffs started yesterday and quite a few of my friends took packages. That company is lost.

Disney is getting crushed everywhere. They are going to divest their losers.

Advertisement
Each of them have their own channels and could televise their own content. The reason ESPN has the games is because they overpaid and the pro leagues couldn't make the money they were getting from ESPN.
If it happens, I see no future for college football and ESPN

Advertisement
So what? At&t had a market cap over $200 billion in 2020 and it is now north of $100 billion. Major layoffs started yesterday and quite a few of my friends took packages. That company is lost.

Disney is getting crushed everywhere. They are going to divest their losers.
Agree ... people keep pointing to "Disney's Market Cap". March 8 2021 share price was $201 and today it is down to $86, a decline of 57%. Anybody that believes Disney management isn't concerned about revenue / profits is financially naive.

I'm working to have every Indonesian 3rd Division match televised. If it exists, the people will know.
The people DESERVE to know.

I'd like to see you sign a multi-year deal with Afghanistan's Ultra Buzkashi League.

You need eyeballs on screens and they will deliver.

Most things TV related are going through strange financial times today. ESPN and Disney in general got way too aggressive overpaying for broadcast rights under the assumption that sports were this incredible golden goose who's value and ratings only perpetually increase. Without considering the fact that tons of (mostly younger) consumers don't care enough about cable to bother subscribing to anything ESPN offers. Plus the fact that the sports market in the United States is rapidly changing. Things that used to be cash cows are losing popularity and things that got ignored are pulling in viewers. The average 25 year old cares a lot less about sports for the most part than they did 20 years ago.

It's similar to what Disney did when they purchased the Lucasfilm/Star Wars rights. They spent so much that any new film essentially has to be a top 5 all time earner in movie history for it to be considered successful. They've made it to where they set their own standards to impossible to maintain levels and now have to cut costs because they can't maintain their impossible to maintain standards.

Advertisement
Back