Fallback guys

KevinCaneFace

Senior
First off, I want Butch or Herman.

But I find it amazing after the past few coaching searches that we are able to turn our nose up at certain guys. Our last three coaches were our own coordinators or from temple. So it's nice to be picky for a change. Richt has eight top ten finishes in the toughest conference and Pagano is coming off three 11 win seasons in the NFL (much tougher than the ACC coastal). Needless to say even if we fall back to these guys we're in great shape.

Advertisement
I can see Miami playing for the ACC championship pretty much every year with either of those guys. VaTech has fallen off in recent years and Beamer is gone after this year, so I can't see any real resistance from the Coastal side. And I'm confident we can beat Clemson or FSU if it came down to it with either guy as coach. Richt could pretty much get better players here than he did at Georgia. As much as I want Butch, I'm leaning more and more to these guys than Butch. Only because of the age factor with Butch and he doesn't really impress me as a gameday coach.

Advertisement
Back