Fall Practice?

Advertisement
They’ve been practicing for a few days now and benefitted greatly from the new indoor facilities this past weekend when the lightning and rains from TS Sally were here. To keep up, players will have to come in and workout on their own since there are limits the NCAA has on the time coaches can spend with the players, but they are in significantly better practice situation than in past years.

Advertisement
Practice starts this week. It’s unsurprisingly closed to the public.

Advertisement
Can’t help but notice how many times Gino has mentioned Morales playing well in his recaps the last few days
Thanks for all the updates, and I agree on some of the new names. I guess I could have just checked Gino's twitter page :).

Can’t help but notice how many times Gino has mentioned Morales playing well in his recaps the last few days
But no mention of McFarlane or Wanger - hope they are healthy. It does sound like there may be some healthy competition for OF spots.

Advertisement
Bodanza’s success, particularly being stretched out to starter’s length, is a surprise.

Preview article from before the Orange and Green World Series including returning player takes on some of the newcomers.

Bodanza’s success, particularly being stretched out to starter’s length, is a surprise.
Agree. Let's hope it translates in the regular season, and it sure doesn't hurt that he's LH to complement Palmquist and Gates.

Advertisement

Breaking: Palmquist is good. Born is definitely a positive surprise though.

Last edited:
If Born, Long, Christian Del Castillo, and Frank have been as good as advertised, could we see an opening day outfield without any of Jenkins, Lala, Rivera, or Thomas?

Desperately reading tea leaves here without being able to see practice, but I think Jenkins, Lala, Gil, and McFarlane were the most notable players not to receive any praise/mention from the staff.

If Born, Long, Christian Del Castillo, and Frank have been as good as advertised, could we see an opening day outfield without any of Jenkins, Lala, Rivera, or Thomas?

Desperately reading tea leaves here without being able to see practice, but I think Jenkins, Lala, Gil, and McFarlane were the most notable players not to receive any praise/mention from the staff.
Very possible since the staff probably wasn't counting on Christian Del Castillo for a year and it sounds like the Born kid is for real. Hopefully Lala continues to get bigger and stronger and he'll be fine since he's still only a sophomore with the added year. If Gil isn't hitting, it's very possible he could sit more. Rivera will play IMO with his pop. Jenkins might platoon vs LHP, Thomas vs RHP? McFarlane would be the biggest concern - we need starters.

However, I have no clue but it's a good problem to have for a change.

Advertisement
Back