Fall Practice Summary- Day 9

View as article
Advertisement
Martell = Rosier 2.0 + some swag + a little more speed
If he can hit passes over the middle he is NOTHING like Rosier. If he is hitting guys in stride so they can make plays with their legs, he is nothing like Rosier. You don't need a cannon if you are accurate and hit guys in stride. When was the last time we had a QB that allowed guys to catch the ball and keep running? We have lost 1,000 yards the last couple years because our QBs couldn't hit their targets in stride. Or not even target the open guys at all.

The quarterbacks were working on an option play today. They were lined up next to a running back out of the shotgun with a tight end on the line. At the snap, the quarterback and running back would run left, and the tight end would follow them across the formation. Based on the defender the quarterback could run, toss it to the running back, or shovel pass to the tight end.

/Nicholson nod gif

Advertisement
Tate's arm is what always concerned me. Just doesn't have the zip on it, I can see a come back going the other way when he's in there. I understand his ability to scramble but at the same time the other 2 guys aren't statues in the pocket. Just from what we hear it sounds like Jarren may be buidling the confidence to separate himself

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back