Fab Five: Five Freshmen who will absolutely see the field this year

View as article
Australia and Austria arw very different places lol
@UMFarArcher lol

He doesnt get it.gif

Advertisement
@DrStrange **** bro if you predicted Rousseau coming into spring putting on a healthy 25 pounds and making an immediate impact then what other crystal ball predictions do you have lol

Advertisement
Let's not forget kicker Bubba Baxa.............. who may end up our leading scorer this year

IMO 10+ may contribute in some way this year....... and down the line eventually most will start.

I don't know how many here realize how loaded this class really is. CMR and staff did an excellent job. I don't & won't ever cry about the ones that decided to go elsewhere....They're gone, so I just figure they just weren't meant to be a Cane. We won't ever get them ALL .....but we can make sure later if we keep progressing that they will wish they were here

When we start running on ALL cylinders, and start giving our players more accurate assessments of their true draft potential so that some on the edge won't leave prematurely, fill our holes at QB and on the OL......the Miami Hurricanes will again be a sight to behold

First class in a long time where each Freshmen recruit can make an impact in some way. Hopefully these HS kids notice that.

The ones that want to be at Miami will take notice, the others will just overlook it!! Since CMR has gotten here, kid's in HS should've wanted to come to Miami, because the best players will play here no matter IF they are true freshman or 5th year Seniors...

TRUE FRESHMAN GET PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY HERE AT The U..

We have only 3 non-Freshman CBs, and Dean is still making mental errors. And we have no option at TE. IMHO, Jordan, Mallory, Gil and Ivey are the ones who should see the field more than any other freshman.

Advertisement
Also anyone thinking Mark Pope is not seeing the field this year is out of their mind.
I pretty much agree with this. I think he will have a similar impact Jeff Thomas had last year. He has the speed to run past DB's isolated one-on-one with him. All it will take is Rosier to find him like he found JT multiple times last season.

Mallory is only about 210lbs. He’s smaller than many of our WR’s. He is a big time talent but he has no choice but to shirt at that size.

Advertisement
Mallory is only about 210lbs. He’s smaller than many of our WR’s. He is a big time talent but he has no choice but to shirt at that size.

No Choice?? I completely disagree. 1st we have no idea what he weighs right now.

Many of us just sitting behind our keyboards have added over 20+lbs in a couple of months. He's got 4 months to do so with S&C. A good athlete with his size and frame can easily do so. Seriously doubt he's just sitting at home doing nothing knowing that he has a chance of playing some this year.

TE is one of our weakest positions with little quality depth. His chances of hitting the field there this year IMO are greater than 50%. So why RS when you can be playing? Seriously doubt he's asked to RS

Mallory will absolutely see the field. So will Williams, Ivey, Hall among others.
How you leave Mallory off that write up is nuts. If you've watched his film he is better than any TE on the roster not named Brevin. **** he might be just as good as Brevin before it's all said and done.

No Choice?? I completely disagree. 1st we have no idea what he weighs right now.

Many of us just sitting behind our keyboards have added over 20+lbs in a couple of months. He's got 4 months to do so with S&C. A good athlete with his size and frame can easily do so. Seriously doubt he's just sitting at home doing nothing knowing that he has a chance of playing some this year.

TE is one of our weakest positions with little quality depth. His chances of hitting the field there this year IMO are greater than 50%. So why RS when you can be playing? Seriously doubt he's asked to RS
Hes up to 210 now. He was also a wr in high school that was recruited to play TE. There's going to be a curve to put his hand in the dirt and scuff an ACC edge rush. Putting on 40 lbs in a 1/2 yr is extremely rare. Not everyone is a Rousseau or an Eric Winston. Dont see him playing... more power to him tho.

Advertisement
Bubba Baxa will be starting from Day 1 and may lead the freshmen in scoring.
I hope on of the WRs, TEs or Linguard actually lead us bc those are 6 points over Bubba's 3's & 1's.
Just dont forget about ST.

three straight classes in my view where there will be early contributions across the board. This is the new wave in college football.

I think this class will be VERY good...

Advertisement
Back