Extremely Happy for the Young Fellas, But…

Advertisement
…it’s clear as day that our culture is a mess. Danny Miaz and our guys were celebrating like if they were blowing out Clemson or Alabaga.

They beat up on a woefully out talented and overmatched team that only has 63 scholarship players.

Also, the fact that it took this staph this long to play our young talent speaks volumes about how incompetent they truly are. As Bill Parcells used to say, “If they don’t bite as puppies, then they usually don’t.” Only way to find out if they bite is to play them.

The best programs play the best players, seniority be damned. What Manolo has done is create an entitled culture, where players that don’t perform are comfortable.

The norm for us used to be that the older guys always were looking over their shoulder because the incoming freshmen could take their spot if they didn’t stay hungry, That’s called competition, something that our program has been missing for far too long.
They did show a glimmer of a killer instinct. May it be encouraged..

Yeah, starting with “super fans” like you and some of the other “smartest guy in the room” super fans that are clueless.

How many times do you guys have to hit your heads against the wall before you realize that you’re bleeding out.
giphy.gif

God forbid the players actually all get to see the field and have FUN for a day.

It doesn't erase anything before this game. It doesn't change my opinion on Manny or anything about this program.

It was fun to watch them all having a great time though with the guys they eat, live, breath, sweat, hurt and get injured with finally having something to be happy about.

There's absolutely no **** reason to frown on that. Yes, the other team was overmatched. Everyone knows that.

To try and **** on that and not let them enjoy one day, man, you've gotta be one sad soul. Let them have their day and for some of the team, that may be the only time they'll ever see any live action.

Advertisement
Last few weeks the problem was the lack of emotion. This week there’s too much. So maybe we need to put together a formula and a scale so we can all know what the appropriate emotion level is for each opponent.

Playing with emotion is great. But it’s a bad look to only do it against teams that you know you can easily body. It reeks of weakness, and lack of confidence.

It’s like the school bully that picks on all of the weak kids and nerds, until one day they mess with the wrong dude and said bully gets their *** kicked.

For far too long, the Canes have been the bully that only beats up on weaklings. We used to be revered and feared for kicking everyone’s teeth in, specially the entitled blue bloods. Most Saturdays, Manolo looks like a deer caught in headlights, and the worry and fear on his face is evident. The team picks up on that.

We’ll see if they play with the same emotion, urgency and bravado this Thursday against a mediocre Virginia team that just got bodied on national TV by Wake Forest.

Give Manny credit. He has attempted to fix all problems so far. I think we can all agree on that.

The problem is he waits til the off season to fix.
He doesn’t have that time this year. It needs to be an in season fix. Does he have the balls?

Advertisement
…it’s clear as day that our culture is a mess. Danny Miaz and our guys were celebrating like if they were blowing out Clemson or Alabaga.

They beat up on a woefully out talented and overmatched team that only has 63 scholarship players.

Also, the fact that it took this staph this long to play our young talent speaks volumes about how incompetent they truly are. As Bill Parcells used to say, “If they don’t bite as puppies, then they usually don’t.” Only way to find out if they bite is to play them.

The best programs play the best players, seniority be damned. What Manolo has done is create an entitled culture, where players that don’t perform are comfortable.

The norm for us used to be that the older guys always were looking over their shoulder because the incoming freshmen could take their spot if they didn’t stay hungry, That’s called competition, something that our program has been missing for far too long.
Oh silly me, I thought that celebrating is what you do when excited about something. Not sure what "culture" you're referring to :rolleyes:

God forbid the players actually all get to see the field and have FUN for a day.

It doesn't erase anything before this game. It doesn't change my opinion on Manny or anything about this program.

It was fun to watch them all having a great time though with the guys they eat, live, breath, sweat, hurt and get injured with finally having something to be happy about.

There's absolutely no **** reason to frown on that. Yes, the other team was overmatched. Everyone knows that.

To try and **** on that and not let them enjoy one day, man, you've gotta be one sad soul. Let them have their day and for some of the team, that may be the only time they'll ever see any live action.

Honestly, yesterday was fun, we got to see the future. Full well knowing that the real season resumes on Thursday. Let the chips fall where they may

That's why Im a proponent of these games as openers, get guys feet wet, see who doesnt freeze up, etc

Advertisement
Give Manny credit. He has attempted to fix all problems so far. I think we can all agree on that.

The problem is he waits til the off season to fix.
He doesn’t have that time this year. It needs to be an in season fix. Does he have the balls?
His biggest problem is not playing the best players, he's made no attempt to fix that. He'll pay with his job, and possibly, career.

Seriously, I understand Manny is not a good coach and is dead man walking. But the players played well and should enjoy and celebrate when successful. It’s not like they rushed the field like they won the NC. These players, especially the older ones need all the confidence they can get after the first three weeks. I saw nothing wrong, what should they do? Mope around lifeless.

thats like saying my neighbor lost his job, so i can actually win the lottery .... see how off that is ?
Your logic is wrong. CLEMSON HAVING A DOWN YEAR MEANS ITS A CHANCE WE WONT HAVE TO FACE THEM IN THE ACC TITLE GAME. YOUR NEIGHBOR LOSING HIS JOBS MEANS HE MAY GO POSTAL ON YOU.

Advertisement
Your logic is wrong. CLEMSON HAVING A DOWN YEAR MEANS ITS A CHANCE WE WONT HAVE TO FACE THEM IN THE ACC TITLE GAME. YOUR NEIGHBOR LOSING HIS JOBS MEANS HE MAY GO POSTAL ON YOU.
sorry .... im busy right now .

giphy.gif

The entitlement I agree with. The favoring of the older guys has created a chill vibe for those guys and they expect it and don’t earn it. And I want manny gone yesterday but our guys celebrating is not a problem. They’re fired up for the young guys getting their first touchdowns and interceptions and such. No problem with that. And trust me manny hears the noise cause he was stoic on the sidelines

Advertisement
Back