Explain this personel choice

NotoriousJJE

Sophomore
I think this was in the second quarter right before the half. When they beat Burns up the middle on that jump ball

CB- Burns
CB-KC Rodgers
Safety - Carter
Safety - Bush

Howard, Gunter, Jenkins on the sidelines watching.

Where they saving the guys for energy later? Where they punishing them? What logical explanation is there to this?

Advertisement
gunter gets beat alot. burns was playing because he will be starting alongside tracy next year. everyone gave up on tracy but he turned it up this year

This tells you that they were using this bowl game to get more younger players like Carter and Burns@ CB experience
Grace also played more then he has all year.

You mean sitting your best 2 corners on the bench and putting a true freshman CB on a senior future NFL WR is a bad idea?

Advertisement
My biggest issue is the shuffling of the offensive linemen. Every series a new group of guys were out there playing different spots. I play OL in college and I know that it is hard to learn a spot let alone 2-3 the stances, steps, and presnap reads all change. Another issue is never getting comfortable with the guys on either side of you.

Advertisement
Been saying this for years...literally.

My biggest issue is the shuffling of the offensive linemen. Every series a new group of guys were out there playing different spots. I play OL in college and I know that it is hard to learn a spot let alone 2-3 the stances, steps, and presnap reads all change. Another issue is never getting comfortable with the guys on either side of you.

Burns played well for the most part, but he was at a distinct size disadvantage on the jump catch, which hurt us big time.

can any x's and o's guys explain this? Why are we always alternating 2 OL with people changing positions?

Advertisement

can any x's and o's guys explain this? Why are we always alternating 2 OL with people changing positions?

Had nothing to do with x's and o's.
It had to do with depth and experience building for next year.

It should be obvious by now that Golden used this bowl game as an opportunity to get the younger players some game time experience at the expense of being over matched at times because of it.

Had nothing to do with x's and o's.
It had to do with depth and experience building for next year.

It should be obvious by now that Golden used this bowl game as an opportunity to get the younger players some game time experience at the expense of being over matched at times because of it.

We shuffled the OL all year not just last night

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back