Explain the admiration for Dan Mullen

Ok. We should turn to Saban or Meyer since people are knocking down the doors to come coach at UM and we hold all the cards.

I'm just asking for a reason for his hiring. He's not a home run.

There are reasons why in this thread but you are not impressed, which is fine.

Of course we may have different definitions of what a "homerun" hire would be. I just don't see us getting a homerun hire. Doesn't mean we can't end up with a good coach.

I agree.

Advertisement
Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ****ing swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

BTW he didn't just beat 3 ranked teams, he beat 3 top 10 teams in a row. Wtf else is here to be said.

I'm just going by the facts of his head coaching record. Are we going to evaluate a coach on a span on one month? Doesn't his entire body of work count? Dan Mullen is not a good coach because he's better than Al Golden and Randy Shannon.

Its called turning a program around. Not everyone inherits a winning programs.

Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ****ing swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

BTW he didn't just beat 3 ranked teams, he beat 3 top 10 teams in a row. Wtf else is here to be said.

I'm just going by the facts of his head coaching record. Are we going to evaluate a coach on a span on one month? Doesn't his entire body of work count? Dan Mullen is not a good coach because he's better than Al Golden and Randy Shannon.

Okay. If some are projecting him as coach who would "kill with Miami talent", fine.

Okay. If some are projecting him as coach who would "kill with Miami talent", fine.

What do you have against the guy aside from your over analysis of win/loss record while building up a program in the strongest conference in college football? MSU was #1 for like 8 weeks last year. We haven't been near that in over a dozen years. You are delusional if you don't think he's a good coach. Guy plays Bama, Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss every year. We play FSU, a bunch of bums and still don't win.

Advertisement
I think he has some connection to New Hampshire where Chip Kelly sprang from a virgin. He, like others, couched with Urban and that apparently also anoints one with "home run" status. Then again he coached Tebow, so that might be the source of the god particle. When I think of him, I think of running QB and lose interest.

Advertisement
Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ******* swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

2009 in the first month of the season. #18 FSU, #14 GT, and #10 Oklahoma. That was six years ago and Radio did it... Lol

He's a very good coach. Mississippi St is an extremely hard place to win.

Rockey Felker 5-28 in the SEC, 21-34 overall
Jackie Sherrill 43-59, 75-75
Sylvester Croom 10-30, 21-38

I think he would be a really good hire here. Still can't believe we passed on him for Golden.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back