Explain the admiration for Dan Mullen

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
Not including today's game:

26–29 SEC record, but 10-5 the last two years
4-27 vs ranked teams, but 3-6 the last two years

Perhaps he is trending upwards but can someone explain how he qualifies as a 'proven winner'? What has he done other than a great October in 2014, when MSU won three consecutive games against ranked teams?

Is it his branch on the Urban Meyer coaching tree?

Advertisement
Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ******* swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

BTW he didn't just beat 3 ranked teams, he beat 3 top 10 teams in a row. Wtf else is here to be said.

Last edited:
Show me a coach without flaw ...

Every coach can be picked apart.

Mullen is a great option. You need info on why, search for the Dan Mullen thread.

Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ******* swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

BTW he didn't just beat 3 ranked teams, he beat 3 top 10 teams in a row. Wtf else is here to be said.

Does God live the bodybag life with swagz and south Florida connects? If not then pass

But on a serious note..would take mullen in a heartbeat if he's interested. Would do wonders with kaaya

Advertisement
Name a time in the past 10 years that we've beaten 3 ranked teams in a season more or less in the same month. ****ing swear some of you clowns act like God himself isn't qualified to coach this team.

I'm just going by the facts of his head coaching record. Are we going to evaluate a coach on a span on one month? Doesn't his entire body of work count? Dan Mullen is not a good coach because he's better than Al Golden and Randy Shannon.

Advertisement
You serious? He did the impossible, he made MS State relevant. Very good coach with some swagger. Would be a very solid hire.

Advertisement
Winning at MS State is an accomplishment. They were trash in the SEC but he has made them competitive and even got them up to #1 last year. Wouldn't be the best hire to make but he runs a good offense and knows how defenses should look

You serious? He did the impossible, he made MS State relevant. Very good coach with some swagger. Would be a very solid hire.

People need to realize that there will be uncertainties with any coach we get, whether it be Butch, Chud, Schiano, etc.

Mullen morphed a laughable program into a contender in their division in the best conference. It only makes sense that you put him in a weaker conference with more talent, he could do better than he is now (which is 10+ wins).

There's a ceiling Mississippi State. He's competing against Bama, Auburn and LSU. He's held his own there amongst the big boys.

Advertisement
Show me a coach without flaw ...

Every coach can be picked apart.

Mullen is a great option. You need info on why, search for the Dan Mullen thread.

So, give me another option with a better resume over the past 2-3 seasons ...

As I already posted ... Every coach has flaw.

Alabama is 0-1 against Ole Miss this season.

I think it has something to do with winning games at MSU

At MSU, in the SEC

Try again
Ok. We should turn to Saban or Meyer since people are knocking down the doors to come coach at UM and we hold all the cards.

I'm just asking for a reason for his hiring. He's not a home run.

At MSU, in the SEC

Try again
Ok. We should turn to Saban or Meyer since people are knocking down the doors to come coach at UM and we hold all the cards.

I'm just asking for a reason for his hiring. He's not a home run.

There are reasons why in this thread but you are not impressed, which is fine.

Of course we may have different definitions of what a "homerun" hire would be. I just don't see us getting a homerun hire. Doesn't mean we can't end up with a good coach.

Can somebody explain what's so great about God? People are all over the fact that he created everything, but what has he done lately? Are we to judge based on what this guy did in JUST ONE WEEK? God is far from a home run hire, do not want.

Advertisement
Back