Expectations.

Anytime you finish 6-7 the following year realistically you want to see at least a 2 to 3 game improvement and we got that.

Going into the season I thought defense tackle would be a weakness on defense and oline would be a weakness for offense.

My expectations for the upcoming season will be kept on hold til the quarterback situation is determined. I think all positions will see an upgrade plus a few new quality position coaches.

Advertisement
I rarely start threads..but when I do there are Legendary ( don’t @ me)..but how’s not the time to gloat..but I have honest questions/social experiment that I’d like majority of y’all to give a simple answer put away everything we witnessed This szn..

- record wise what was your expectations?

- defensively, what positions did you worry about coming in?

-offensively, what positions were u worried about coming

- and lastly, flash back to 2018 Dec how did you view the program?
Manny Diaz crushed any expectations I had last year, this year, next year and any other year he is the coach.

From what is obviously acknowledged on this team ( lack of a worse name) .

The worst loss in the history of UM is looming beyond immigration in BAMA so bad we may lose 7-9 games.

All could’ve been averted but all signs ignored.

NOW BAMA WILL SETTLE EVERYTHING

70-80 point loss we will not cross the 50 yard line all game and BAMA will never punt

From what is obviously acknowledged on this team ( lack of a worse name) .

The worst loss in the history of UM is looming beyond immigration in BAMA so bad we may lose 7-9 games.

All could’ve been averted but all signs ignored.

NOW BAMA WILL SETTLE EVERYTHING

70-80 point loss we will not cross the 50 yard line all game and BAMA will never punt
wow....

When spring practice comes the WE BACK will start and when summer practice starts we’ll hear the same WE BACK AND BRING ON BAMA .

WE’LL GET WHAT’S COMING FOR SURE

This could have been a game we could win but we’ve defeated ourselves with excuses and blame and even if we had the 2001 team this infestation would kill it also

SORRY

Advertisement
I rarely start threads..but when I do there are Legendary ( don’t @ me)..but how’s not the time to gloat..but I have honest questions/social experiment that I’d like majority of y’all to give a simple answer put away everything we witnessed This szn..

University of Coral Gables as adopted the Wake Forest model.

6-8 Ws are "ok". Anything less is pearl clutching, anything more is a "good year".

I expected to win 8-9 games. I stated before the season that, for it to be deemed a success, there needed to be at least 10 wins and there must be a bowl game win. Neither happened. The season is not a success.

I was concerned about OL, CB, LB, and WR. OL improved its pass-blocking and Harley became a good receiver. LBs and CBs have been awful and so have two of our receivers.

The program is in a better place than December 2018, but it's also not where I'd like it to be.

Don't know about your other threads but this one won't join the Legendary ones.

Advertisement
I expected 6 wins and will continue to expect us to be 6 - 6 until we get a quality coaching staff.

If I had to pick one it would have been LB but I really didn’t expect much from any unit on that side.

OL and specifically their ability to creat a hole for our RBs

The same way I’ll feel next year. We will be an average to below average team until the BOTs commit to winning. The unfortunate reality is 8 wins on average are good enough for them and we should acknowledge, if not accept, that fact after 20 years.

I'll also take the bait.

Expectations:

1. I expect Blake James to be AD in 2021.

2. I expect to continue our tradition in leading the nation in apathy and zero accountability.

3. I expect Manny Diaz to get an extension into perpetuity with a $50MM buyout (plus he gets to keep any chain he created).

4. (This may be for 2022) I expect Frenk to be gone but instead of replacing him with the Admiral James Stavridis, who is way too qualified, we will bring back Shalala.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Back