Expectations of staff and offensive side of the ball

Advertisement
Richt might as well carry the titles of OC and QB coach. Nothing against his son or T.Brown but CMR made it clear that he wants to be more hands-on here, which is fine by me.

I love T.Brown as a RB coach. I think Walton and Yearby are going to kill it.

Hartley has three TEs that he can rotate as he sees fit. Very solid group.

Dugans has Coley, Berrios, Lewis...everyone else is a total unknown but you would expect one or two guys to emerge.

If the OL makes the necessary leap then this should be a **** good offense.

Fair enough on the staff. But they still are co-oc and qb coaches.

I think Richt knows what he is doing. I hope these two coaches do a terrific job. If Im not mistaken LIL RICHT was recruited and signed with Clemson. Maybe a courtesy thing. Suffice to say he played qb and has a great offensive mind and has a top pop! Mike Leach never achieved anything as a football player, and neither did charlie Weiss iirc. They have achieved as offensive gurus. I know I know Bellachik doesn't know anything and CW rode Brady's coattails. :sneakiness:

Advertisement
Richt is an offensive minded coach so this should be the better side of the ball. Plus the talent Golden left behind on offense is much better than the talent on defense.

Advertisement
I imagine we'll see a lot of 21 Personnel this year considering we don't have any WR depth. I'd be shocked if we don't move towards the spread within the next couple years though. (with the QB and WR haul we're bringing in) We'd be foolish not to.

I just want to see us in a huddle and not looking over to the sidelines waiting for a play to come in on every freaking play.

GO CANES!!

I think the offensive coaching staff has a lot to prove and the jury is still very much out. You guys are in lala land if you're thinking elsewhere. The only upgrade is obviously Mark Richt calling the plays over James Coley, hard to argue against that.

Everyone else is I don't see very clear upgrades:

- Coach Searels - I mean I hope he's better than Kehoe (hard not to be), but the past few years he's been OL coach on teams that were on the decline (Texas & VT)... NOT really sure HOW he's an upgrade over Kehoe?
- Contrary to the common dialogue on this board, Thomas Brown was not responsible for the development & recruitment of Gurley, Marshall, Chubb, Michel etc. that was all Bryan McClendon at UGA. If he lands that MD RB then I will be impressed
- Coach Dugans, I mean I don't really see him as a massive upgrade over KB, especially since KB was such a good recruiter and now the 2 best SoFla WR are probably heading out of town (Jeudy & Parker).
- The nepotism scares me a bit with the hiring of Jon Richt. I'm sure he's cerebral and capable of being a good coach, but is he the best hire we could have made at QB coach? I don't know, probably not.

As far as offense, I think if the OL, Kayaa and Coley stay healthy we could be quite dangerous. Braxton Barrios needs to step up his game and one of these freshman WR need to come into the fold. A lot of people are also really sleeping on our RB depth.

I was wrong about BK,

Spot on the OL.

Wrong about play calling.

We haven't been healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back